Kids wetting the bed......??

Discussion in 'General' started by JayBreak, Jul 7, 2011.

1. So heres the story..... I dont have any of my own kids yet, im 27 and the Misses is 25. We do however have a lot of nieces and nephews who we allow to spend the night with us during the summer months when schools out.

So last night there was my niece shes 12, my wifes niece age 3 plus two nephews ages 6 and 10 and a close friends nephew who is 15. Well my 10 year old nephew wears a Huggies Pull-Up EVERYNIGHT to bed (wtf!?)

Well last night i got pretty baked with the neighbor who just became a dad :hello: (thats another story). I fell asleep around 2 and woke shortly after around 4am, i went to the living room to shut the tv off when i saw the oldest (15YearOld) awake... I thought nothing of it and left the tv on and went back to sleep. Around 5am our friend shows up knocking, to pick her nephew up cuz he WET THE BED!?!? She then told us that he does it sometimes.... :confused:

When i was a kid i remember doing it a few times but not a few times a week!.....? Is this normal for some kids!? Does anyone here have any kids who wet the bed or know kids who still wet the bed.....? It sorta bothers me that im finding out more and more kids have a problem with this.

Any thoughts or advice would be nice thanks GC!

2. i used to have a bedwetting problem until i was 10. i feel like i have an abnormally small bladder so that may have attributed something to it. i was literally that kid wearing pullups until he was 10...asshole :(

jkjk no ill feelings about it as i was never made fun of for it, my mom was really supportive actually :p

3. Yes it is normal to happen to some people since sometimes their bladders aren't fully developed, as they get a couple years older they tend to grow out of it. Not sure what the exact conditioning is called but my bro has it

4. Wait how old was the kid who wet the bed? The ten year old?

5. or was it the 15 y/o who was up waiting for a ride. You lost me for a sec. I wet the bad up until I got my blood sugar down. I am diabetic and high blood sugar would put me in a deep deep sleep. Once it was stabilized everything was good. About 12 for me.

6. Totally normal, little brother of mine did it till 10.
    Not really normal, but It does happen..

7. #7 treelover, Jul 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    That's what I was wondering. I mean I think I remember wetting the bed once after I was potty trained. I was around 6. I had a really bad nightmare, I used to have like night terrors and I woke up and had wet the bed. But it was only one time.

8. Yea the 15 year old wet the bed, and his aunt told us that he does it sometimes....

9. How embarrassing for the 15 yr old. Lots of kids, especially boys, wet to bed when they're older. There are many ways to train them away from this. Stretching their bladders, no drinking before bedtime, alarm pads in the bed that go off if wet on, etc. The 10 yr old might still wet on occasion but the 15 yr old should have it figured out by now and know how to control it (ie, no drinking after a certain hour or whatever works for him)

10. Wow, I imagine getting a girlfriend will be impossible for him, the first sleep over it will be over and so will he lol.

11. One time when I was 16, I had a dream that I was peeing in the toilet, and then I woke up to find out I wet the bed. It only happened once, and it never happened again.

12. 15 is too old to be wetting the bed. I'd hate to be that kid, must get terrible rashes.

13. Never knew or thought of that.... :eek:

Another point i didnt mention, the 10 year old boy, acts as if its totally cool to wet the bed in his Pull-Up because ive had a talk with him away from the other kids and he says, "i really dont care becuz ill just pee in my Pull-Up" im beginning to wonder if it has anything to do with laziness.......?

14. #14 treelover, Jul 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    The ten year old almost def has to do with laziness. Like it might happen occassionally to a little kid. But honestly a ten year old shouldn't be wearing a pull up. And a 15 year old shouldn't sometimes wet the bed. someone might have one of those peeing dreams,which I've heard from someone else besides on here. My roomate did it, But for a 15 year old to have a problem with it is unusual. And you know what they say about prolonged bedwetters

15. LMAO! I was going to post the same thing.. I hated those dreams! Sh*t happened to me a few times growing up.

Anyway, I had problems with this for a little while growing up. I don't think it is normal at all but I don't know if my friends would've told me if they wet the bed anyway. Stinks because it makes it hard for those kids to go to sleepovers.

I never wore huggies or anything though, maybe I should have but I guess my mom couldn't see making me do that. I think maybe it has something to do with sleeping alone. Maybe the presence of someone else in the room would help them sleep better without wetting the bed. Also, no drinking late at night.