Kids These Days Are Fucking Stupid

Discussion in 'General' started by MedicOne, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Im not coming off like i know the meaning of life. I know what the meaning of MY life is. I was put here to teach kids, and be a mom. Point blank. Any detours I took from accomplishing those goals only got in the way of my true happiness. All the bar hopping and partying in the world wouldnt amount to the life i made for myself and the happiness I have.

Also you are only continuing to prove that people who are responsible adults arent 22. You said Most responsible adults you know got a real job at 25-30. All my old friends who were living with 6 roomates at 22 working at a coffee shop are now approaching 28 with 6 room mates working at a coffee shop. Its a lifestyle that people dont know how to get out of. When college is over its time to grow up and be an adult. Im not saying you cant enjoy yourself and have fun still, I have people over to my place every saturday, we play darts, beer pong, pool, and get blazed out of our minds every week,  but if mom and dad are paying bills so you can go to the bar and party it up, then you are still a child reguardless of your age.

The point I am trying ot make is that young adults these days are trying to strecth their adolesence into adulthood. They skirt any kind of real responsibility in order to keep the party going. An adult knows how to get their shit done on their own AND still have a good time. My pet peeve which originally brought me to this thread is when adults between 22-23 (which dont get me wrong that can be extended for some people into their later 20's) want to be treated like an adult but continue to act like children, blowing their money on weed, alcohol, and toys, while living at home with mommy when they can afford to live on their own like a functioning member of society but they decide not to because they are too busy living life like its a giant frat party. Its a joke.

2. I used to think all the kids were fucking idiots when I was 14.
    Now, I know they are and just don't give a fuck.
    And life moves on

3. What did a expect? Do you really need to ask? Isn't it obvious? Whats the opposite of mad?

I'd like him to make a rational, thoughtful statement about why 'kids these days are fuckin stupid'. Instead of spouting off with his mouth sounding arrogant, misguided by rage and his 'personal experience' and thoroughly think this throught instead of unscrupulously associating all 12-17 year olds as fuckin stupid.

And btw OP 12 year olds and 17 year olds are really completely different from one another and a different age group and, again, not nearly a like at all. Sounds like you're just a hater. A very mad bro in internetspeak.  

4. I take it you're 17? :laughing:

5. #105 A Rational Psychopath, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2013
    It is thoughtful, and moderately calm. I don't see him typing something like this 'GOD DAMN IT KIDS ARE FUCKING ANNOYING! ALL THE LITTLE SWAG FAGS WITH LIL' WAYNE RUNNING AROUND FUCKING THEIR WHITE TRAMPS WHILE THEIR SOCCER MOM SITS AT HOME OBLIVIOUS TO THEIR ESCAPADES!'

6. Lmao. I hear you sometimes I don't understand even my own damn generation, much less the kids a couple years younger. Not that I was a gem in my youth. I am still in my youth. Doesn't feel like it, man. Not anymore.

7. i wish i had really taken advantage of my youth when i had the time. i grew up too fast and i missed out on some things i really should have just layed back and enjoyed. i am finally just trying to ease up and not rush into full fledged boring adulthood just yet. i'm having an early life crisis. D: i feel the need to stop working so much and try to enjoy my free time and shit.

9. ahhh another one of these dumb threads putting down our future because you think you're generation was soooooo much better. i've said this before, and ill say it again.

it annoys me to no end when people say kids these days. like their generation was the shit. lolol every generation has those 'few' tens of millions of bad apples. tis' a way of life. everyone learns at their own pace.

10. I can toast to that...

Fuck all these people. They just keep the machine well oiled and getting bigger all the time.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. I meant that i know people who worked part time before they fell into the 25-30 years of age range and still turned out perfectly fine with careers. These people weren't relying on mommy's or daddy's money and still made ends meet with their roommates and also partied on a regular basis. I never said these people i know weren't paying their own bills. If they weren't paying their own rent, then what was  the point of roommates? last i checked, it was to save money and still live comfortably while not living with your folks. 

And i agree with your last paragraph for the most part.

12. My last paragraph is basically what my whole point was. I know that not every 22 year old is like that. It seems to be this new "epidemic
     of sorts with young adults, more and more college kids are moving back in with teir parents after the graduate, which is fine if you need a little help, but end up staying for years. Like i said before the town I live in is full of rich entitled familes and these kids dont ever have to work or be an adult. Their parents pay for EVERYTHING, and they blow their own money on stupid shit. But want to be considered an adult when it counts. It drives me NUTS!

13. There's just a lot more kids around these days

thus bound to be more idiots

funny thing is ever since this forum changed to this new format I feel like I notice these idiot kids you're talking about lurking here on GC a lot more

14. Except for the part where his original post is not at all thoughtful because he is conveniently ignoring the similar actions of all past generations, or at least pretending that they were somehow different.

15. I can guess this hatred is gravitated towards the Millennial generation but what about the generations before us (generation x, y, baby boomers) what can you say about those? 

Don't entirely generalize a generation by a whole, sure certain may decline in articulating but not all, there are individuals that distant themselves from mainstream behavior. 

16. Oh but it was, the 90's were a magical time. Technology was just taking off and not invading every aspect of life like today. Music was great. But now were in this information age, and I guess you'd have to be born in '89 at the very latest to really grasp how much it's changed, but it's just incredibly different. You have to understand how people that are at least 24/25 today, look at the way everything has changed with the popularity of social networking, changes in music and the 'style' of today, and just look on in bewilderment. I do anyway, but who knows some might be basking in these times. I just don't like the rise of social networking mostly, and how much importance it holds to some younger folks. It was a great idea, but it's gotten a bit intrusive for me personally.

Oh and....KIDS THESE DAYS :p

17. Oh but it was, the 90's were a magical time. Technology was just taking off and not invading every aspect of life like today. Music was great. But now were in this information age, and I guess you'd have to be born in '89 at the very latest to really grasp how much it's changed, but it's just incredibly different. You have to understand how people that are at least 24/25 today, look at the way everything has changed with the popularity of social networking, changes in music and the 'style' of today, and just look on in bewilderment. I do anyway, but who knows some might be basking in these times. I just don't like the rise of social networking mostly, and how much importance it holds to some younger folks. It was a great idea, but it's gotten a bit intrusive for me personally.

Oh and....KIDS THESE DAYS :p

18. It's just part of being a kid... Always has been, always will be.

19. #119 Subliminal Jazz, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2013

hah im 23 dude and sure the 90s where good, but it wasnt as great as everyone makes it out to be. in fact, the 90s was the most violent decade our country has ever seen in a loooong time. so id say kids where even more fucked up then, then they are now. kids using facebook is much better then them killing eachother off.

nostalgia tends to make people forget or overlook all the bullshit and crap that was going on in those days. if you really think about it, you'd realize there where just as many runts of the litter then, then there are now.

i like technology and the advances its made. i think it has the potential to change the way humans grow and learn in ways we never thought possible just 20 years ago.

people need to get out of this funk thinking their generation is the shit, cos it can't be further from the truth. to me, what those people are trying to say is THEY are the shit, so therefore, their ENTIRE generation of people must be the shit, too.

that couldnt be further from the truth

20. People try to put us down (talkin bout my generation) just because we get around (talkin bout my generation)
    -the who

It was true back then and it's true now man