Kids stomped on my f*cking shrooms!

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Squishey, Apr 4, 2009.

1. last october, i was walking out and about, and stumbled upon some odd mushrooms, right near an elementary school. They were growing on a stump in sombodies front yard and were as big as my fist and bigger. About 8 all together. They looked exactly like wavy caps, but i did not know for sure. So i went home with one in hand, and looked it up for verification, and sure enough, i found some juicy wavy caps! (woot right?) so i went back to grab the rest, and to my horror, they are squished, flat, on the stump, with a little boot print. I know when i was a kid, i liked to do that, but GOD DAMNIT. I really wanted thoes. It would of been the first time, i ever hunted/found my own mushies T_T. They were beautiful, but now they were nothing more put a slimy paste in the dirt and on the stump. Anyhow, im still pissed about it.

Thought i would share...

2. Damn dude im sorry. My boyfriend and I are feeling for you(btw were tripping right now on mescaline). "Gotta catch em all" mushroomMON!

3. Lol.
    +rep because i laughed.

4. ouch lol, looks like the mescaline worked haha...

5. the thing is, even if they look identical to your (and mine) untrained eyes they still could be very toxic and deadly.
    it's not advisable to eat any mushroom you find, even if you have a field guide and internet photos.
    bottom line, unless you feel like playing russian roulette, don't eat any shroom you find unless you have a trained mycologist with you.
    and no, spending hours looking at mushie photos doesn't make you a trained professional.

6. there's a very large chance that I'm wrong..

but I didn't think shrooms grew off tree stumps or any wood for that matter?

again,
    might be wrong..

7. Wavey caps (cyanescens?) do grow on wood, cubes dont though. Sorry to hear you missed out on some shrooms, keep an eye on the patch though, you might get some later

8. I second this, rep+ be careful about what you eat growing off the ground

9. Hah that sucks bad dude. But like the guy above me said, check the spot, they might grow back later.

10. Agreed. Maybe those kids were a gift from god, to save you from killing yourself.

11. STUPID kids who like to go hunting for their own mushrooms and then "look them up on the internet just to be safe." HAHAHAHAHAAHAAH I bet thats not the only stupid shit you do/Life expectancy= zilch.

12. #12 Squishey, Apr 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2009

Identification was not a problem, i was willing to put my life on the line i was so sure. It was not just a hunch, or that i was 90% positive. Measurements, habitat, and a friend who has grown wavy caps in the past all told me they were legit. Plus i ate the one i brought home :) Im not fucking retarded, i wont just go pick up a mushroom and pop it down the hatch.

13. But you just did? You wouldnt know 90% unless you had a lab test. Actually you cant even be sure of what youre getting when you buy them from a dealer either.

Did the one you ate have any psilocybin effects?

14. #14 Squishey, Apr 4, 2009
    Not very much. Idk, i have never done shrooms before, so it was proboally placebo. Just felt a tiny bit off, Like, i was more relaxed and a little nausea, not enough to bug me though. Sort of like being drunk, but not realy noticeable. Uh, my vision was a little, idk. Proboally placebo. Eh, what do you want for one mushroom eh? :(
    "But you just did? You wouldnt know 90% unless you had a lab test. Actually you cant even be sure of what youre getting when you buy them from a dealer either"

Its not that hard to determine a species of mushroom dude. Im sure you can tell portabello from shitayki right? Like i said, i have seen them before, i did show the one i brought home to my neighbor, which grew wazy caps awhile ago, and the measurements added up. Honestly, i dont think you have been mushroom hunting before O_O And shit dude, I live in Chilliwack, its like the shroom capital of BC, everyone picks. Just because you dont feel comfortable enough with your identification abilities, does not mean others are not.

Anyhow, i've been doing so much research on shroom picking and hunting latley, im going to go out for my first major shrooming attempt this season. I know a couple great spots near my house, as i am surrounded by forest, old cow pastures, and liberty caps :) They grow on some lawns around here. But yeah, i will definentially post picks this september-november.

15. be careful, there are some 300 strains that can present almost idential to p. cubensis. Some of them noxious, some deadly. Take spore prints to increase likelihood of proper ID.

16. Collect the spores and grow them yourself.

17. Read the post first please. We are talking about psilocybe cyanescens :p, not cubensis. They dont even grow round here ;(. But yeah, cyan's are the one to the right. Galerina (deadly) are to the left. The biggest clue is that galerina do not bruise blue, and have a brown stem, not bright white like cyans :)

[​IMG]

18. #18 PsychiatricWard, Apr 4, 2009
    while this is true i still think a mycologist book among other things are great and useful tools for the business. these tools were created to give ordinary people these talents to an extent or to at least help so i don't know how they wouldn't be useful.