Kids React To Old Computers

Discussion in 'General' started by LoveisKind, May 28, 2014.

1. #1 LoveisKind, May 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF7EpEnglgk

"The computer is an error"  :laughing:

2. honestly I wouldn't know wtf to do with that thing either except for turning it on.

I would've known about floppy disks cause we used them when I was a kid, but that's about it.  I would've known about giving the computer a command but i had no idea what the command was.

3. I grew up during the time computers were becoming avaliable in the home (more people could finally afford it). Yes, the internet was slow, but I have realized how much technology has evolved since I was very young (around 7-8) and remembering the home computer with sounds that seemed loud, to now where the internet is literally in your hand.

4. the white girl in the green is going to be crazy when she grows up. 

5. Why ya say that?

6. I bought my first PC in 1992. It was Windows 3.1, was constantly hanging up, had a 170 MG hard drive, 33 mHZ processor, no sound, 3.5 and 5.25 floppy drives.

I went online with AOL in '94. It was slower than shit but we didn't know any different. I ran into a married broad there and ended up banging her for a couple of years. She was fucking gorgeous.

I had to learn DOS commands and had numerous books about it. I threw them all out in 2006. Shit's all different now. :(

7. " I'm gonna write my name. Wait it doesn't matter blah blah blah " hahahahhaahahha

8. well not literally crazy like in a mental institute.. I dunno why I think that. she's just quite the character I guess. 

9. I could've told you what a floppy disk was and how to turn it on but that's about it. Fuck all that code bull shit. The oldest computer I've ever operated was a Dell running on a windows 95 OS.

10. You're high aren't you?  :smoking:

11. Damn son!

12. Those kids were above average intelligence for their age.  I see why they were chosen.  However it wouldn't matter the age, any 80's or 90's kid wouldn't know those dinosaurs either !

13. extremely 

14. Yep. I'm a 90's kid and I will admit that I did say "where's the mouse?" When I watched this.

15. #15 LoveisKind, May 28, 2014
    Ha I was looking at your picture and I imagined the way you would talk if you were high. Spot on!

16. 90% of the time, if you see me posting on here, I am high. 

17. Mmm ok.

18. I can tell bro.  Your pic is like uhhh im high as shit 

what you can't tell from the picture is that I am floating. 

20. #20 GratefulFred, May 28, 2014
    I used IBM PCs a little bit in the 80's.  That Apple IIe is even older.  I would not have known about the "reset key" that must be pressed before you can use the computer. 

If you gave those kids an ipad or another computer with access to google they probably could learn all they need to know about how to operate that computer, though I doubt they (or anyone else) would want to.    Although there are some vintage computer nerds out there keeping old CP/M systems alive, so who knows.