Kids kicked off of campus for wearing an American flag

Discussion in 'General' started by InnerPeace, May 7, 2010.

1. too much work :p

2. dammit, but I wanted to lead a revolt :(

3. I don't know its not that black and white. Sure they should be able to wear the shirts and all. But it was also kind of disrespectful in a way. Like why were they doing that ya know? Although i would not be offended what so ever if a mexican kid was wearing a mexican flag on his shirt on the fourth. i wouldn't even think twice about it.

4. [​IMG]
    good luck.

5. pretty sure we got a thread for this already in the proper section.

(that's politics if you're still drooling :smoke:)

6. #7 zpyro, May 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2010
    Disrespectful to wear an American flag shirt in America? This is America, not Mexico. Mexico doesn't even really celebrate the holiday, it's mainly an American thing. It's observed here to celebrate Mexican heritage. Heritage meaning comes from the past. Since they're here in America in the present, they should be just as goddamned proud of America as they are of the country from which they (or their ancestors) came from. Otherwise, why the fuck are they here? They can fly their flags all they please, but how dare they persecute AMERICANS for showing AMERICAN pride. THAT is disrespectful as all hell.

It disgusts me that this should even be an issue. It didn't used to be disrespectful to show pride in your country, in your own damn country. :mad: As you said, nobody gets in a huff when Mexicans fly their flag/colors on the 4th of July, and that holiday is actually OUR holiday. Cinco de Mayo isn't even Mexico's Independence Day.

For the record, I AM of Mexican heritage. But I'm still proud to be an American, because I make the choice to stay here. I didn't make any choice about being Mexican. If I were so proud to be Mexican, I'd be in Mexico FFS.

7. good for you man. I wish there were more people who thought like you do:(

8. It is only an insult for Hispanic citizens to be wearing an American flag if you view it as such. The faculty clearly made fools of themselves and this probably won't serve their careers.

It is pretty messed up how they view legal citizens wearing an American flag, in an appropriate manner for flag apparel, as un-American and "Incendiary."

Honestly I am sick of stupid crap like this, how do people this type of thought process? And how do other educated people agree mindlessly?

The sad fact is that most of them probably couldn't explain when a flag should, and when a flag should not be flown. Or if a guard is required to stand watch, or in what conditions it is acceptable to fly in foul weather, or in what conditions is it okay to perform an un-ceremonial burning. But yet they will pull this.

Whatever, idiots being idiots.... :D

9. This really frosted my balls tonight. This is America. This country is going down the drain. :mad:

10. These kids were kinda trying to be dicks. After all, if they had worn a Mexican flag on the 4th of July, people would have been mad too. They did it to say "screw you" to the people of Mexican decent. It wasn't just a small flag on a shirt. They were basically decked out in flag stuff. The reason they got in trouble from the school wasn't because they were being patriotic. It was because they were doing it for attention and as a way to make people mad. And it worked.

But what it comes down to is that it isn't illegal to be a dick. While they shouldn't complain if people are mad at them, they should be allowed to do it. People do things that are far more offensive all the time. Really, any other day of the year and these kids would have been fine. The thing is that holidays shouldn't, and usually don't get special rules.

11. dude seriously? those kids did it to stir shit up on purpose. who the fuck actually dresses like that? especially in a group on a mexican holiday?

and why are the mexicans getting pissed off, do jews get pissed when you dont celebrate passover? no, we dont...

please remove all sticks from asses today please. everyone involved in this story needs to grow the fuck up.

12. WHATEVER the reason is for wearing the clothing is not the point here...as said before THIS IS AMERICA...Cinco de Mayo is just another bull-ish holiday that Americans use as an excuse to get wasted...whats the problem here...If it was Christmas and a bunch of kids went around decked out in Jewish stuff- is that offensive? The authority in this situation are complete idiots and should learn there place...this is bullshit...so sick of the f**kin idiots in this country...not EVERY SINGLE INSTANCE is meant to offend someone...

13. That's kind of a weird comparison...not even really getting how that relates to this...Hanukkah can occur on Christmas?

If you want to use people of the Jewish faith in your example...I think a better comparison would be wearing and waving an Israeli flag in any of its surrounding countries...

14. [​IMG]

15. Apparently you can get murdered in California for being white if you're on the streets during Cinco de Mayo celebrations.

16. You can get murdered anywhere for being any color at any time...where do you get your awesome facts from?

17. My roommate from Santa Rosa.

18. What an awesome, reputable news source. Almost as reputable as me saying...

Hi, I'm scatfactory from the internet, did you know that pigs can fly and the sky is a psychedelic multicolor tie-die?

19. Cops flying in helicopters.

The sky changes color depending on the weather conditions and the sun.

:3