kids in our generation

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by proudtobestoned, Dec 23, 2011.

1. back when i was a kid i would always be outside and be playing with mud or riding scooters and all that shit, but now i see 5-10 year old kid's playing call of duty or playing some gory ass M rated game, and never going outside to play... wtf is this

2. What is this? The future. :eek:

Granted when I was 11 playing "lost in the wild" I figured it would be like this in 2050 or some shit...

3. thats the 21st century for ya

4. That new shit.

5. 10 year olds with i-phones

6. Cuz when we were younger are parents didnt put leshs on us n stuff we got the freedom to run off n get hurt lol im proud be born in 1991!

7. Yeah man, society is making huge changes as opposed to even a few decades ago, people in 50 years are gonna be self centered, egotistical, shallow and mindless(even more so than today! Scary shit, right?). Technology is some fucked up shit, but I say

whatever yo

8. clipped up like I'm paranoid
    high as hell nikka fits roid
    pulled off thru the city like ERR,ERR!
    see dat ho nikka like ERR,ERR!
    hopped up dat nikka like MERKK!
    put dat pussy nikka in tha PURSEE!
    you wouldn't be the FIRST
    cover em in dirt
    yeah, ugh, put em in the ground nikka down to earth
    napped up nikka i been down since birth
    backpack fuilla random work; with 2 bad hoes
    i TEACH YA HOW TO JERK, TEACH YA HOW TO JERK!
    swaggin in my J's
    pop me a pill throw that pussy a-rave

-Schoolboy Q in Asap Rocky feat Schoolboy Q - Brand New Guys

9. can anyone else read this?

10. Ok good I'm not the only one

11. I came in here for an in-depth discussion on the lifestyles of the younger generations and I find this

what the fuck am I reading?

12. I'm 53. I turned 5 in 1963. One of the first television broadcasts I remember was the Kennedy assassination; it was broadcast in black and white because we didn't yet have color television in those days.

We had a television. It was pretty primitive. But not much equipment was required in those days because there were only the three national networks and two local channels broadcasting. Everything was on antena as cable TV was still 20 years away. We were not allowed to turn on the television during the day, except during the Kennedy funeral and election returns and the Moon shot in '68. Then the TV stayed on all the time.

The microchip was still on the drawing boards so we didn't have computers, cell phones, video games, or any of that shit. The closest thing to a video game was a pinball machine and those were mostly in bars.

We got along just fine without the television and video games. We had board games and we played outside. We were kids, we found ways of ammusing ourselves.

13. Nice way to get me thinking, thinker :smoke:

Sadly, the world is looking pretty materialistic as of now

14. This is why im making sure i build my kid a sandox and a jungle gym. Their getting endless amounts of legos and an erectaset too

15. [quote name='"HolderOfTheBong"']This is why im making sure i build my kid a sandox and a jungle gym. Their getting endless amounts of legos and an erectaset too[/quote]

I would be proud to call you my dad.

16. ahhh Legos.
    Love em' and they never grow old. I honed my artistic creativeness from playing legos all day long as a boy. They're the ultimate toy for a young, expanding mind

17. Yeah like what ever happened to tag? Freeze tag? Vampire tag? Hell we made up our own versions of tag. Riding bikes was awesome too. Video games are fun and all but kids dont know what theyre missing by not going outside. Childhood obeseity is just going to worsen...

18. Bikes! I remember every kid in the neighborhood had a bike, we would always race eachother and shit. Seems like i stopped seeing them right around the time the PS2 came out lol

19. I remember when gas-powered scooters were all the rage in my neighborhood. They kinda lost their appeal once everyone I knew turned 16. Then we just drove our cars everywhere

20. Bozos love my rose gold; Purple got me slow mo
    Stuntin like I'm Dorothy but my Rubys in my golds though