Kids Having Kids... Wtf The Point?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Lucky Kid, May 10, 2014.

1. Okay I just wanted to rant about this. I go on Facebook nowadays just to look at what people are up to. I am 20 years old and a majority of the people on my facebook are around the same age.

Lets say 18-21 for arguements sake. WTF is wrong with people thinking its a good idea to have a kid at this age?
    Personally I don't want kids so maybe thats why I don't get it. At this point in life all it would mean to me is 1.) Big pain in the ass.
    2.) Big ass responsiblity.
    3.) Alot of money, kids aren't cheap, everyone knows this....right?

So please GC tell me what am I missing? Why would it be good to have a kid at the age of 18 - 21 or even a little younger and/or older?

/end rant

2. Lifes short. Do as you do..let them do as they do.

3. #3 HelloThere, May 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2014
    Yeah live and let live people are crazy I bet some women probably grow up waiting in anticipation to have kids.

But I would hate to get a girl pregnant at 18-20 worst thing I could imagine it would ruin my life. But considering I'm 18 and haven't gone further then 2nd I don't think I need to worry haha

Edit oh I just remembered one time I talked to a girl at a party who seemed really weird and older looking and when I looked her up I found she had a kid....and we were both 17 at the time

4. I had my son when I was 2 weeks shy of 25.
    That shit was hard, even then. And it's still hard. He's almost 6.
    People having kids at 18-20 are throwing away a really important period of growth and development as individuals.
    I think it's ignorant for people to start having kids that young. 
    I wish I would have waited longer, too.

5. I am personally making the choice to not have any children until I am in my late twenties or early thirties. As of now I am 21 and interestingly i didn't feel young until very recently lol. I know that if I already had kids it would have slowed my development and prevented me from being a full time college honors student like I am now. However, some of the best people I know learned how to live from their mistakes of having kids at a younger age than they would have wished.

Overall I will refuse to say which one is better and which is the worse alternative, It is ultimately subjective to how the individual perceives the experience and uses it to develop their own identity in a positive way.

6. Everything you just said. Down to being a 21 year old college student.

7. They weren't thinking. One time of unprotected sex and BOOM, parents.

8. Sassy, you are a dynamic woman and a lot of people on GC love you. Your input has helped many. Thanks!  :)

9. Emotion.
    Some people want to make absolutely sure there are other children out there who are raised decently. Maybe not financially set, as a purely reasonable look at the situation might assume would be the best option for the children, but with a decent set of adaptable skills. Enough to survive happily.

Why is it your concern anyway? Are you taking care of them?

I hope nobody tries to spew tax bullshit at me.

10. I dont get it either man, I'm not even going to think about starting a family until at least 27. Theres so many things out in the world to experience, I wouldn't want to be tied down for a decade to raise a kid.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. It's the cool thing to do. I got pregnant at the age of 16 and was fuckn devastated! Luckily I didn't end up with a piece of shit though. 8 years later we're still together... 2 Bed room house. No debt.. Nice Cars, and best of all No welfare. Been together a total of 12 years.
    We became bf/gf Al since I was 13.
    Anyway my situation is one in a million now a days. Kids having kids with people they hardly know. & end up ruining their kids life....even now at the age of 25 my friends the same age got multiple kids with different father's. & as a female with some scandalous friends (lol) I'll tell you that a lot of women get pregnant on purpose once they think the relationship is going to shit. As if that's going to keep the douce bag to stay....
    Beware of unprotected sex. It leads to STDs and shame.

12. while i dont always agree with having children young, i think the women that do mother those children are some of the most amazing people in the world. i also think there are certain people who just want to be a mom as soon as possible. they have always wanted to be a mom, they have always wanted a family. that was their goal, thats what they love, that is their pinnacle. so i dont really see anything wrong with wanting to be a good mother, even if you start early.

but none of this actually matters wanna know why? because im not them and that is not my life. sometimes i wonder how interesting it would be if opinions didnt exist outside of something affecting ones quality of life. im 100% sure the entire world would b happier.

13. #13 -Martyr, May 10, 2014
    Last edited: May 10, 2014

One in a million in a population of billions isn't as prestigious as the humble brag implies. I'm sure there are plenty of people with this scenario, but there's no point trying to distinguish your mistakes from theirs simply because you had a happy ending. The lack of general awareness and shit decision-making was still present, you were just at a young enough age, where the genuine co-dependent nature of any teenage relationship was further solidified by bringing a baby into the mix. What were you going to do, be single with a kid 4 years before you can even legally have a drink and play the field? You'd be surprised how many couples wake up one day and realize that their entire romantic life was fabricated because someone couldn't wait to bake a batch of Martha Stewart's famous sperm cookies in their girlfriends oven. When you have no options, your only option always feels like the best one. For all you know you could have ended up marrying a millionaire and getting railed at a private villa in Prague.

14. Children aren't always planned and some people (I myself am no exception) just love sex.

15. Yeah I didn't literally mean one in a million :l
    Unfortunately I'm from a slutty city in TX where it actually does seem like 1 in a million to be in my situation. Single, underage mom's is dime a dozen here and personally being around it constantly makes me sick. Reason why I felt the need to share.

16. Why are you disgusted by people who are living the parallel of your same decisions?

17. My first child was born wen I was 16 as was my partner he will be 18 this year and another 5 since kids don't ruin your life If u have them at a young age it's not easy that's for sure but u do anything for them 😊

Sent from my SM-G900F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Probably because she wasn't part of the dime a dozen she perceived..

Contrats on your success, Ruby.

Martyr, I'm sorry you didn't meet the same end as her. She's as innocent and reckless as you are conceited and cynical.

A child's life isn't to be judged.. by either its parents, grandparents, or those who feel they're the cause of its survival. It just is. Once it is, judgment is irrelevant. Before it is, doesn't matter - because nobody can change what was - only record it; if they want...

19. #19 snoopdog6502, May 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2014
    I had a daughter with my wife at 22 she was 27.

Dont ever fuck or have anything to do with a lazy ass welfare mama.

Find a hard working woman with a job.

20. I commend great parents who raise their kids right. Broke or rich. As long as you ain't neglecting your child.
    Except when I see CPS take kids away so often. The disgusting shit I see on the news. Like "Womans boyfriend beat child to death while mother was at work"
    Maybe it doesn't happen where you are from. Well here it does and Maybe that's why I see it so differently. If I didn't have a kid of my own I wouldn't feel so strongly about it....BUT I do, and can't fathom why "kids" (not always underage) are playing house and proudly popping out kids they aren't prepared to raise.
    Is that not sad?...borderline disgusting?
    Don't they consciously know the risk if having unprotected sex?
    and in the heat of the moment happens but isn't there a boundary on at least knowing the person a few months?