Kidney pain/ bloody urine

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by s w i s h e r, Sep 14, 2009.

1. #1 s w i s h e r, Sep 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2009
    alright. i gotta make this as short as possible. need to be at work in 15 minutes. a few days ago, i couldn't help but notice my piss was dark brown, looked like I was pissing diarrhea, not chunky but just the color. i stopped drinking everything BUT water, and the next morning my urine was a normal yellowish color. i decided fuck it, drank some coffee and some soda later on in the day. after work, my urine changed from the yellowish to a red color. just like blood. I went to the doctor but of course by the time I got there my piss was normal again. just my luck. they didn't see any blood or bad bacteria under the microscope. so they said I was fine. my piss has been fine since then. but today, i woke up at 3:00am in pain. I thought it was, like, gas or something. but it wouldn't go away no matter how much I farted hahah or how much I shitted. the pain got so bad that I vomitted a few times, one time coughing up some bloody spit. it feels like I was kicked in my side. pressure on the area hurts, even moving the wrong way hurts - like, groan bad. I don't know if it's my kidney, if it is indeed gas, or whatever the fuck it may be. I need to open AND close today at work, 630am-1030pm. I can't go to the ER, can't go see a doctor. I just dont get it. i'm off heroin and suboxone if it makes any difference. if anyone has experienced anything like this, no matter how different or similar, lets hear what you did/had to do/what happened. i'm outta here. peace.

edit: now i feel a throbbing pain in my chest, probably unrelated, but thought i'd throw that in there.

2. #2 zigzagger, Sep 14, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
    Sounds like it might be kidney stones.

"Kidney stones often do not cause any symptoms. Usually, the first symptom of a kidney stone is extreme pain, which begins suddenly when a stone moves in the urinary tract and blocks the flow of urine. Typically, a person feels a sharp, cramping pain in the back and side in the area of the kidney or in the lower abdomen. Sometimes nausea and vomiting occur. Later, pain may spread to the groin.

"If the stone is too large to pass easily, pain continues as the muscles in the wall of the narrow ureter try to squeeze the stone into the bladder. As the stone moves and the body tries to push it out, blood may appear in the urine, making the urine pink. As the stone moves down the ureter, closer to the bladder, a person may feel the need to urinate more often or feel a burning sensation during urination.

If fever and chills accompany any of these symptoms, an infection may be present. In this case, a person should contact a doctor immediately."

3. It sounds like it could be kidney stones or some kind of infection. If you spent a good deal of time shooting H you could have picked up an infection that took awhile to manifest.

Seriously though...99% of us are not doctors...if you are pissing and coughing up blood you REALLY need to go the ER and stay there until they at least understand the level of severity.

4. Yeah kidney stones seems to be the most probable thing. Surprised the doctor didn't pick up on it though.

You want to get that seen to asap. Because if it is kidney stones, the pain can be unreal.(don't mean to scare you) Iv seen grown men on the floor crying because of the pain.

My sister had them when she was 20 because of drug use and heavy drinking. So 'younger' people can develop them too.

Good luck dood.

5. If it is indeed kidney stones i feel for ya bro. Honnestly get prepared for when you gotta piss one of those fuckers out ahhhhhhhhhh.

6. Sounds fairly routine, though none of us are medical doctors.

KS hurt badly and will affect your urine color. I had some strange colored urine the other day after moving apartments with my wife. Probably took too many shots to the nuts with full boxes haha.

Best of luck and lettuce know what happens.

7. been there. they didn't see any blood under the microscope. i can't afford to go to the ER, just free or sliding fee clinics. and the blood i coughed up i know for a fact is from dry heaving this morning. and yeah, my dad has had kidney stones, so i know what kind of pain that accompanies them. i'm not in that much pain though. but so far it's been constant

8. Kidney infection, stone or disease. Funny you should mention this as I had a scare recently without the blood or anything. Just horrible pain on either side of me. Turns out it was just a bad muscle pain from withdrawal.

Go to the fucking doctor man if it doesnt really fucking hurt to piss you have either an infection or disease and shooting H can do it to ya.

Play it safe, this shits real.

9. The have a new procedure in the hospital for Kidney Stones now I guess, well semi-new. They use a laser to decrease the size of it so It passes with no pain.

Kidney Stones are one of the most painful pains known to man. I had a perforated ulcer, and that was worse then my 3rd and 2nd degree burns.

GL homie. I wish ya the best for ya!

10. Any update on you my man?

11. swisher.. have you been to your primary care doc?

i think you need to get a physical bro..

cause my grandfather had those same signs a few years back and it ended up being Prostate cancer.

he would piss like a dark coffee color and shit like that and it was really painfull...

12. prostate cancer rarely happens in people under 30-40 and is very common among older people, I doubt he has prostate cancer.

But it could be a prostate infection, I have a minor one that is causing visible symptoms on an ultrasound and the doctors can't figure out what it is because every chlamydia/gonhorea test comes back negative. I think it's staph from the research ive done but all the doctors say that doesnt happen, many articles on the internet say otherwise.

13. oh yeah then explain why some people i know did have prostate cancer . 1 was 19 years old and the other was 24

it can happen to anyone.

14. #14 Mindgnome, Sep 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2009
    If the pain gets any worse it might be a kidney stone, get on top of that shit before the pain is overwhelming.

EDIT: They can shoot it with a laser now to break it up so you dont piss out a chunk.

15. This happend to my sister, when she was 14. but she was vomitting blood all day. turned out she had lukemia, and died like a couple or so hours after... But i dont think your symptoms are that serious.

All i can think of is kidney stones/lukemia.

16. Kidney stones in a young person can very well happen. I have a friend that had a few when we were 14-15, he blamed soda.

17. usually if you have a surplus in calcium it can happen.

18. #18 s w i s h e r, Sep 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2009
    hows this for an update.....the day after the pain started, my piss turned back to normal (cut caffeine out my diet, but since have had 1 energy drink without any problem) and the pain went away, havent had any problems since. thinkin that i slept in a bad position but convinced myself otherwise

19. Yeah that was basically what happened to me last week, too.

I had one night of odd pissing, woke up the next morning and it was all good. I know you'd said yours may've been drink (non-water) related, and I bet mine was related to getting hit in the nuts by boxes over and over during our move.

Good to hear.

20. Wow, man.. I'm sorry, that's terrible.. :(