Kid i went to school with died

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by MN4Lyfe, Apr 9, 2016.

1. A dude I went to school with since 6th grade died today. He OD'd. It's weird I played football and soccer with him. We never hung out but it's weird that he's just gone.

2. happens a lot. just be happy you haven't lost any close friends to it yet.

• Like Like x 9
  3. Just wait, the older you get the more the kids you went to school with will die until they're all gone and you too.

• Like Like x 7
  4. I know what you mean. When I was home on a college break I called a friend only to have her mother tell me she had overdosed and died. It was a shock because I certainly wasn't expecting anything like that. Losing a young friend to something stupid is certainly different than getting older and friends start dying because they've gotten old and sick. When you're young, at least for me, it's totally unexpected and can be a shock.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Death is never not a shock...regardless of who it is or what age they might have been. Our class valedictorian was T-boned by a drunk driver 2 weeks after graduation and killed instantly. She was a brilliant and beautiful young girl who had earned a 4 year full ride scholarship to the University of Alabama...which isn't an easy feat to achieve. God never promised even one second of life here on this earth and THE most important thing you will ever do in your entire life is make the choice to either be a child of God or to reject him. If you get your heart right, death is not a concern. People who commit suicide have no hope. I can't imagine being in that space in my head because I've never, regardless of how bad things got, been without hope. Jesus Christ is the only hope that we have in this world and I hold onto him tight!! This is just the first experience you'll have with death...there will be more and they will come steadily. Make sure YOU are taken care of. Death to an overdose is SUCH A TOTAL WASTE!!!!! Blessings! TWW

• Like Like x 6
  6. Things happen in weird ways sometimes, the same thing happened to me a few weeks ago except it was someone who I usually see at raves/festivals.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Shitz real in da field Op .. Sorry for your loss .. You'll see that as it keeps happening you'll find yourself feelin numb to death ..

• Like Like x 1
  8. In my junior year, a guy I knew hung himself. He'd always let me borrow a book for SSR. I still have it, I think.
    It was a book on the korean war.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dude where I live kids are dying left and right from OD's. It's sad, last year 104 deaths in my county from it.

SeNt FrOm My•☆GaL@x¥ $5☆•

• Like Like x 1
  10. I was lucky in that I didn't have that happen much. A couple of times, yes, but not people I was extremely close with. It does suck and it's a shock no matter what, though.

jah!/*d$*:smoking:

11. I feel you man, a guy I went to school with died in an accident about 2 weeks ago. Really makes you think about your friends and yourself.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  12. That's what the shit that'll kill you does to people, it kills them. Stick to flowers. image.jpeg image.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  13. Or you could not spend what precious life you have on religion...

• Like Like x 9
  14. Or isn't his own choice to believe in what he chooses? Seems like he's pretty happy with his lifestyle so why belittle that choice just because you don't believe in life after death?

• Like Like x 3
  15. Yeah man, at the very least, you do not have to stare at some fucking idiot in a court room who killed him. Death is one thing and it is fucked up, but there is nothing quite like watching a murderer get a maximum of 3 years for killing someone you knew, that shit is just fucked. If this shit was really an eye for an eye, i think people would think a lot harder about committing an act and i do not think the world would be blind.

• Like Like x 2
  16. 3 years?! That's insane. I believe depending on the situation murder should be a life sentence.

edit: if you take someone's life, you shouldn't be allowed to live yours

SeNt FrOm My•☆GaL@x¥ $5☆•

• Like Like x 1
  17. I have no problem with religion. When he starts trying to promote religion and force feed us it I am entitled to state my opinion, after all that's what he did isn't it? So a religious person can state their opinion but not me? I assume you chose my opinion to quote and try shoot down as opposed to his because you're religious? Hmm

• Like Like x 7
  18. Back in elementary school a kid in my class got lung cancer and died at the end of 5th grade. They put an obituary for him in the year book, I framed it and hung it up, but I don't know where it is after all these years. Then in 10th grade, a kid I went to that same elementary school with got testicle cancer and died later on in the school year, that one was weird for me because I knew the kid for 10 years, and played ball with him and we even hung out a few times. And it was looking hopeful for him in the days before he died, the principle was telling us he was looking healthy and feeling strong. Then, a few nights later, his parents posted to Facebook that he was no longer with us.

• Like Like x 1
  19. And it slipped my mind, but an old friend of my brothers (well my bros girlfriend was bff with this guys wife back when they were in high school) just od'd a few months ago, it was heroin. He left behind a beautiful wife and 3 healthy kids.

• Like Like x 1