Kid gets shot in dorm room police raid

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by BehindTheBong, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Thats messed up. shot for smokin pot. what is this world comming to?

2. paid leave. wouldnt comment as to whether he posed a threat? smelt odors? WTF:mad:

this is a sad day.

3. Wow wtf....this cop should be castrated for being such a fucking idiot.

INC LAWSUIT

4. It no where states he was shot for pot.

5. Are you that dumb or just trolling?

6. It didn't actually say why they shot him, the article just suggests that it was pot. You never now, he could have been selling meth, or some other drugs and nobody knew about it. It was probably just pot and the cops used excessive force. But either way its still fucked up

7. This is insane. I'm so glad marijuana lately has been getting all this positive coverage so things like this will happen less often.

8. That's very unfortunate and all but I can only assume he was holding a bowl or something that was mistaken for a gun? I mean seriously the cop didn't shoot the kid for fun or out of his hatred for weed...shrug just a thought not defending his actions or anything

9. Did you watch it? Seriously or did you just side with pot regardless. What if in a high stupor he charged the police? Is pot so innocent then? Seriously people who hate cops for no reason should be shot and dragged through the streets by the police. You don't know any more about the situation than anyone else here does and shouldn't jump on the "MJ 4 Lyfe" bandwagon saying things you obviously shouldn't be allowed to have an opinion on...sorry.

10. #11 tokey420, Mar 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2009
    Yes the cops would shoot you here for weed. They are militant bastards at this school, and they care more about busting stoners than actual crime, which is why I'm leaving. Goodbye GVSU Hello California.

The problem here is that he was unarmed and the police said there was no conflict. So there is no reason he should have been shot. And it was about weed, I have a few friends that know this guy and he is a stoner but they didn't find any drugs in his apt. Nice.

11. wow, they didn't even find drugs and they shot him in the upper torso, just wow. I hope that guy sues the crap outta that school, or at least just the cop.

If there wasn't a conflict, then I just can't fathom any reason why someone would shoot a stoner just for being a stoner, but then again we don't know the whole story, maybe he was smoking a piece that looked like a gun? or maybe he just threw a bong at the guy and the cop flipped shit?

who knows.

12. Police who perform violent and dangerous raids and perpetuate a culture that destroys the lives of non-violent drug users gives people plenty of reason to be mad as far as I'm concerned.

Police are so concerned with being tough and dominant these days that they hardly ever resolve things by talking or using the path of least resistance. It's all about high intensity, adrenaline rush action, and that's why so many people get shot BY THE POLICE so often. I would very much like to see a chart that shows the number of police shot during marijuana related raids vs the number of people shot BY the police.

13. I would be interested to see those numbers.:smoking:

14. Cop should be shot in the chest for being a fuckwit.

An eye for an eye.

15. dont have much respect for the police, never have never will. i have my reasons, and this is just another reason to add to my list.

16. They didnt comment on if they found any drugs or what happened during the raid? I hope people realize that there were no drugs found and the guy was peaceful during the raid. I know this because cops like to brag about shit like this, so if the guy had a gun or posed any threat they would have said something, same thing with the drugs....they would have said how much they found and "took off the street". Thats just the way cops work, so when they wont comment that means they know they are in the wrong but they dont wanna dig a deeper hole for themselves.

17. #18 Smokeitdown, Mar 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2009
    Watch what? A couple cops sitting in front of a camera telling us what happened and trying to justify this kid getting shot? Of course, why dont we just take those nice cops word for it. They wouldn't actually LIE to us would they?

NOOOO of course not.

Oh and FYI I don't hate cops for no reason. Everyone here hates cops for a very good reason.

18. nah, he should just be gotten rid of. perfectly good opportunity for population thinning of some of the dumbasses that don't need to be on this planet any more.

19. Another sick crime over a simple herb. We need to take more action on removing this stupid prohibition.