kicking an addiction

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by blaze_all_day, Mar 20, 2009.

1. so i think this would be a good thread to help put suggestions for people kicking a drug addiction/ going through withdrawls without relapsing

1.delete your dealers numbers
    2.get as far away from the drug as possible
    3.when you have the craving to go buy the drug instead use your money and go buy something that makes you feel great[weed, cigs, nice meal, etc]
    4.if drug is ever presented make an excuse and leave and go do something fun/productive
    5.take long showers during withdrawls
    6.relax, do not get into stressful situations
    7.eat good healthy meals if possible
    8.exercise regularly
    9.pick up a new hobby

post more opinions, tips, etc..... and if this is a bad thread idea tell me cuz im really high and it seems like a good idea

2. If you're withdrawing from opiates, drink a few beers to get to sleep. It numbs your nerves a bit; usually enough to get a few hours of sleep before you're up and miserable again. Also, mushrooms are great for starting a withdrawal cycle. It sets you off in a very positive direction that will keep you focused on getting better instead of feeling better.

3. I disagree with taking mushrooms when your having withdrawals, you want to be in a happy mental state before you trip otherwise you might find yourself freaking out on what your life has became.. mushrooms make you reevaluate everything. It might work for some but not everyone

4. I'm talking about like right before the withdrawal sets in. As in, use (blank) and then eat the shrooms right away. By the time you're going to start withdrawing you'll probably be knocked out from tripping for 6 hours so the next day you wake up feeling like complete shit, but with a very determined mindset and all that jazz. I just did this last night actually and I'm feeling great today.