Kicked in the face playing soccer, 8 Stitches (PICS)

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by TheHumanTwig, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Hey blades!

I was playing in a men's spring league this morning and I was eager to play after a long season of shitty indoor soccer. I'm a goalkeeper for my team, and I've taken my fair share of injuries in the past. Countless broken fingers, broken nose, broken ankle, severely bruised testicles(not kidding) and 6 stitches in my knee about a year ago.

Well, this morning about 30 minutes into the match I'm playing pretty well. Made a few small saves but nothing great. There was a free kick being taken on me from about 20 yards out, and I saved the initial shot but I let up a rebound :( The ball bounced towards another player and i tried to tackle the ball before he kicked it. He ended up kicking me right in the chin leaving a nice deep cut.

Pain was very minimal at first, felt like someone punched me lightly in the jaw until i saw all of the blood on my uniform. Spent the afternoon getting stitched up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On the bright side, I have some piff that I'm smoking on out of my new double chambered bubbler, so life is good. Oh and I'm playing tomorrow :hello:

2. Damn bro, Feel bad for you, Put one in the air :smoke:

3. Damn dude, gnarly scar.. reppin the soccer players tho! Im a chelsea fan myself. I see gigi buffon in ur sig, u a fan of juve?

4. Ouch! Glad you have some bud to burn on :smoke:

5. that's pretty badass. i remember when i was 15 i broke my knee cap on a goalkeepers jaw during a highschool match.

6. loookd like anderson silva soccer kicked you in the chin.

7. looks like u can fit a joint in that hole... smoke it up!!

lol but in all seriousness, feel and get better man... looks painful

8. sorry for your lose and that you play soccer, try football...are there girls on your team?

9. No need to bring that negativity into the thread, come on now. Completely unnecessary.

Glad you're still able to play, OP! I play keeper myself in a Men's league. That's quite the gash :eek:

:cool:

10. marone theres a while chunk gone. glad your alright that looks like it coulda been worse if that dude kicked the ball any harder. taking a rip for OP. :bongin:

11. atleast it was on the underside of the chin

12. Damn that scars gonna be ugly, on the bright side finally an excuse to grow a goatee.

13. Yeah it's the underside of the chin so it won't be too bad. By the way im a huge fan of juve for whoever asked.. 32 games unbeaten this season :)

14. shit that looks like it hurts. and shaving is going to be a bitch now holy hell.

15. Shaving is going to be the worst trust me. Gonna have a shitty goatee for prom neon 3 weeks lol

16. ok tough guy

17. LOL I do not like soccer, but I have played it...was actually a goalie as well, just quit when I hit high school and started football. There is no future in soccer in the US, even the big schools don't offer scholarships..

18. I have a footy game in 30mins...oh man

19. Manly cut right there.first pic looked like a sick vagina.
    Didn t know that soccer could give you so many injuries.
    Smoke and the pain will go away.

20. Decent cut. I had one like that on my nose just a bit bigger. Plus a crack in my nose like a mm and a half wide all the wy down my nose. Glad ur ok OP