Kevin Cantile *Disc Diffused Stemless*

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by SmokeyDaBear420, Oct 8, 2011.

1. So, today is my birthday, and I decided that I'd get myself something nice. I went out a few days ago and bought this awesome little guy. It's a stemless with a disc diffuser inside the downtube, placed right where the downtube meets the base of the bong. This thing is insanely smooth and effective, and despite what you'd think, you NEVER get water in your mouth. It was hand pulled (for those of you that don't know, hand pulled means created completely from scratch. No measuring, no pre-made molds, all hand made) by Kevin Cantile. He signed & dated both the base of the bong and the base of the bowl in Ti Pen. The bong is also numbered #5. I picked up two oil domes, two quartz nails, and a male/male 14mm adapter while I was at the shop. Just so I'd be ready to dab some errrrl. Which I tried last night, and it worked fantastic. Just thought I'd share with you guys. :smoke:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Close Up of Diffuser
    [​IMG]

2. Pretty nifty bro. Throw up a milk.

3. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR_jDUlwq9k&list=UUIEpVQeG9KTHHcO_tUYe8FA&feature=plcp]Kevin Cantile *Stemless* - YouTube[/ame]

4. Not to sound like an idiot but ive never understood stemless, does stemless make for a better hit than say my alex.k showerhead downstem? Or is it just a whole different experience and shouldnt even be compaired?

5. Three piece tubes(Bong, Down Stem, Slide/Bowl) are kind of old school at this point. I would say any stemless by SG, 2011bC, Toro, Dirty Rico, etc are better than any traditional three piece setup.

6. Yeah completely different type of hit. Both awesome hits, just different.

7. stemless is good for people who dont care about diffusion (have lungs of steel) and want very little drag. its a chuggy hit that reminds you of hitting an oldschool one hole bong. absolutely no drag unless you add some percs in other chambers. also most sg/bc/toro stuff isnt stemless, its 'fixed stem'. not to say they dont have stemless models, im just trying to clear that up.

8. ^ hes got it down..

if youve got a normal tube like a generic sraight tube or beaker take the diffusor out and fill the water up as high as the bong will let you fill it without spilling out, then pull on it.. Will give you a sort of chug a lug feel like a stemless would

9. [quote name='"no comment"']stemless is good for people who dont care about diffusion (have lungs of steel) and want very little drag. its a chuggy hit that reminds you of hitting an oldschool one hole bong. absolutely no drag unless you add some percs in other chambers. also most sg/bc/toro stuff isnt stemless, its 'fixed stem'. not to say they dont have stemless models, im just trying to clear that up.[/quote]

Dude thanks for the clear up. I thought itd be a chuggy hit. So whys it becoming the new standard? I personally prefer a little drag. But I like my bubbly diffused stems should I stay away from this kinda setup then?

10. Well this doesn't exactly add a whole lot of diffusion but it does add some. And the disc in the downtube adds the ever-so-slightest amount of drag. It's perfect. And yeah the type of "chugging" hit does remind me of the old school setups, I guess that might be part of why I like it.

11. Sick is that a natural perc or whatever they called hah