Ken Robinson: Schools Kill Creativity

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Rotties4Ever, Jan 30, 2012.

1. #1 Rotties4Ever, Jan 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2012
    An amazing video,I cant stress this enough I suggest everyone needs to watch it with an open mind and consider some of the things being said....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG9CE55wbtY]Sir Ken Robinson: Do schools kill creativity? - YouTube[/ame]

:hello:
    :smoke:
    :smoke: :smoke:

edit- another great vid you need to watch

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86x-u-tz0MA[/ame]

2. My fav part: If a man speaks his mind in the forrest, and no woman hears him, is he still wrong? - Ken Robinson

lol lmfao

3. Saw this some time ago on TED, great speech.

4. guess i'll watch the vids tomorrow, my brain is too numb to take info in atm

5. It's so true man. It's sad too. The funny thing is I feel like you have to break into drugs as a child to really see what public school does to your creativity. I was so happy to get the fuck out of public school system. Now my life revolves around creativity, and doesn't revolve around trying to make time for it.

6. problem i have with schools is, i believe we are to indiviualistic to be pumped into the same 6 courses that everyone else is as well,
    it just seems narrow minded to me, to assume that everyone can find happiness/career from the same crap they offer at school.

7. What about those kids who were in those T.A.G. clubs? And the ones who end up in Special Ed?

As said, not everyone is the same. Some needs a little more push than others.

8. Same with me, I feel the same way aswell.
    "If you're to afraid to be wrong, you'll never come up with anything original."
    I like what this guy has to say and he brings up some great points.

9. The world didn't get the way it is because everyone came out the same, but the world is heading toward what it will be because of that very same fact. Idk if that makes sense, I'm pretty stoned. God, I love Ben Franklin though.