Keiser's 1st grow journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by KeiserSoze, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Looking great! Hmm nice and frosty - How's it smelling?

2. Only a little scent coming off the two I think are Super Skunks. Outside of that, no real dankiness just yet..... yet. :cool::smoke:

3. Yeah mine are almost at the same stage and don't smell at all... till I stick my nose in the frostyness then it hints of lemon .... and maybe a dash of god.

4. Hey! NICE GROW MAN! Looking really good. Cant wait to see the yield. I was actually thinking of starting up a grow very similar to yours. I was thinking only about 2-3 plants though. I will be doing an soil grow with CFL's and am looking to build a grow box for the plants. I also wanted to do LST so i was curious, before I build a grow box, if you could give me rough demensions of the plant at this point in its life (as i assume its reached 100% height and size) By rough dimensions I mean just how tall they are and how wide they are (at the widest point). That would be a huge help! Thanks man! And hope your harvest is amazing as the plants look!

5. #65 KeiserSoze, Feb 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2012
    Thanks for stopping by and for the kind words. As you can see, I have been LSTing them from the start, so the canopy stayed low and they bushed out a bit with multiple tops. If you don't have an entire room for them to sprawl out, then this is the way to go. Including the pots, they are all roughly 3 ft. tall, a little less. They are about 1.5 ft across. I have noticed though that this last measurement is mostly determined by how much room they have to go.

If you look at the latest group pic... On the left side, there are 3 plants in there. They have pushed each other around and filled the space available. When I take these plants out individually, you can see how they have squeezed into the available space... such as this one.

[​IMG]

My point being, height is the most important dimension to keep in mind when building your box. The plants will adapt and fill whatever other space you give them. Keep in mind this as well.... You are going to need room to adjust your lights as they grow, so make it just a little taller than you think you may need. Better to have too much height than not enough. My box is 5' tall, and I'm glad I didn't go the 4' I was originally planning. This has given me room to adjust my light up to help control temps as well. Of course, I'm using an HPS vs. the CFL's you plan on, so heat won't be as much of a factor for you.

I will say this: If you can afford it and have the space/equipment to cool it, go with HID lights for flowering. HUGE difference from CFL's. I put my plants under the HPS for about a week on the 18/6 veg schedule, and they exploded with the bigger light.

Stop back by if you have any more ?'s and once you get your build/grow going. I would love to see your journal. I'm far from pro and only mildly experienced, but I will gladly share what little knowledge I have gained. Good luck bro. :smoke:

6. Start of week 6 of flower

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the next batch...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. i like the way that plant looks,,,,

and good job on the l.s.t.

that is a picture perfect plant<:wave:

8. Thank you, sir. :smoke: I have a couple that have given me trouble. But I'm still pleased with my results. :hello:

Quick update:

Couple days before start of week 7

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. mmm frosty is correct. They looking very good!

10. Week 7 flower (Day 46)

I'm thinking that 4 of these babies are gonna be ready for chopping in about a week... week and a half. Currently 100% cloudy trichs and swelling nicely every day. Doing molasses/water flush.

The one front right may need another week or two after that. We will see. Either way, good smoke coming soon. :smoke:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:metal:

11. Just found this thread. Any updates? Those plants look awesome! Sub'd

12. Grow op discovered by the wife. Had to chop em about 10 days sooner than I wanted to. :( Still yielded 5.5 oz. Moving to a more secure location very soon.

13. Damn bro sorry to hear, nice yeild

14. I would be happy with 5.5oz damn. :) Well done on that. Hope shit gets better with your situation.

15. Holy shit some of your bottom fan leaves are massive!!! Haha! And dude. Buds look like they just came in off the street from a snowstorm. So frosty.. Enjoy your 5 oz man.. Sucks to hear that your wife isnt okay with it, thats always a tough situation

16. Keiser never rebounded from the wife's discovery? Anyway, his build will inspire mine and he will live on!

17. My state just legalized recreational and the governor pushed possession and cultivation ahead to this summer.

I'll be back very soon. :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Keiser's back in a legal state!