Keiser's 1st grow journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by KeiserSoze, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Day 26:

Topped and LST started

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 3 Hrs later:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Day 3 LST:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now they get a few days to recover and let the new growth take hold. :bongin:

4. i read you doubting your heating pad for seed germination,,,

the heating pad made a world of difference,,, it totally works,, you looking at them daily, you may not have seen the difference,,,

are you using the 400 now,? or cfl's.?

have you done a test run on your 400, in there to check the temp's..

questions,, you aint really mentioned,

whats your ventilation system looking like,,, id like to see some pics of your inlet,,and exaust,,,:cool:

5. #25 KeiserSoze, Dec 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2011

I'm just chalking up those AKs not doing anything to a bad batch of seeds. All my current plants were germinated under the exact conditions as the AKs. Got 8 popped, 6 seedlings. Average #'s there. 0 AKs tho :(

My 400W HPS comes in next week. Vegging with T5s. Temps with my flower side should not be a problem. This is all going on in my attic, so keeping temps up at night is my only concern. So far, a small space heater in my veg side has worked like a champ.

Ventilation comes in next week as well. Currently, the pc fans are keeping fresh air going. My intake at the moment is simply under the closet walls themselves. I put an extra 2x2 under each end to create the intake underneath. I stapled strips of black poly to the base of the rooms, allowing air to enter from underneath while keeping light out. If I feel I need more, I will add some PVC inlets with 90s for light block.

6. sounds good man,,,,

i'd do a good 2 day dry run,, when you get your 400,,and fans in there, to check the temp's...

and make sure you have many thermometers positioned in different places,,,

i'll be following brotha,

7. #27 KeiserSoze, Dec 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2011
    Been a couple weeks since my last update. Busy Holidays.

Had a couple tops break during training, no big deal. They recovered nicely and are really starting to fill in. I'm going to give them another week or so and start flowering.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are the two that were lagging a bit behind. They have exploded in this last week and are filling out nicely.

[​IMG]

The next batch in rotation. Two bagseeds (One is a strange little deformed one that continues to plug along. I am going to let this one live out of sheer curiosity as to how it will turn out. The other two are a couple FEM freebies. John Sinclair: Amsterdam Skunk, and Sativa Trans Love

[​IMG]

8. they are looking very good,:cool:

9. You have a GREEN THUMB, Sonny Boy!!

10. Nice first grow! If I had the money and room, you have my dream setup like literally.... I had to settle for smaller space and went with 30ish Gal Tubs Vertical....same thing just Micro. I will keep following... They Look freaking amazing right now! Both our grow's seem to be going great for firsties.... I thank the net and everyone else's journals :D... Keep it up bro!

Maybe I missed, but did you stop doing you're LST? I am using pipe cleaners from a hobby shop... they work great! I just put tic tacs on the edge of the pot... however, you having a bag could be a little bit trickier... but still doable. Where do you live? Because if it's anything like my childhood attic that ***** is gonna heat up real quick! Hope everyone goes perfect!

11. LST is still ongoing. I have transferred the bags into 2 gal nursery pots for the exact reason you mention. Initially, I didn't plan on LST, so i planted them in the center of the bags. Then I decided that I needed to keep the canopy even between my 6 current plants. Hindsight being 20/20 and all, I should have put them on one side to LST around the rim. O well. I am using the abundance of twist ties that I scavenged Xmas morning from my son's toy packaging. The only bright side to the ridiculous amount of theft security they put into packaging these days. :smoke:

My attic has actually been ideal for this application since it is winter here, and my only concern has been keeping temps UP at night. Small space heaters have done the trick. During the day, even in the dead of winter, the sun warms it enough to keep it well within manageable range. Summer will be a totally different story, obviously. So I plan on maxing out what I can in the next 4 months or so, then suspending until next winter.

I will be updating later this afternoon with new pics. Stay tuned :D

12. Update: Transplanted into 2 Gal pots so I can continue LST without fighting the fact that I was only using grow bags. In the process of testing temps in flowering side with 400W HPS and new ventilation fan. Once I am satisfied with those conditions, I will continue to veg the older plants for about 10 days under the HPS. Mostly out of curiosity in regards to growth difference between the HPS and T5 lights. But, also to allow the new LST that is exposing undergrowth to shoot up. Then it's beginning of the flower time for these ladies. (Hopefully they are all ladies. :cool:) While testing new lights/temps, they were bunched under one light, so the canopy has all leaned in.

[​IMG]

And here is the next batch of babies. Again, temps are being adjusted, so growth has slowed a tiny bit on these. Soon to be remedied. UPS comes today with more essential equipment.

[​IMG]

13. Looking very healthy

14. Super LST :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now to let them recover and Veg under the HPS for about 10 days before flipping to 12/12. :smoke:

15. Looking real good!

16. good job on the lst,

im very soon getting ready to go ,,lst mine some more,

but my '' box'' is outside,, and it's cold,,,,

not really that cold but im a whimp, when the cold is concerned,:cool:

17. Cold in FL?!?!!?? Pffft. :p I kid, I kid. I hear ya tho. I grew up on the Gulf Coast, so I'm with ya. :smoke:

18. LST 2 day recovery

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unintentional supercrop on the lone straggler from my original batch. (Farthest to right) But it is recovering well. Works out because it was a bit short and thin to LST much. And it needs a couple more weeks veg to beef up anyway.

[​IMG]

19. #40 KeiserSoze, Jan 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2012
    Finally comfortable with my temps on the HPS side. Everything holding steady at 72-75. Once I hook up the DIY carbon filter that I should be finishing tomorrow, those temps should rise to 78+. (*Fingers Crossed*) If not, I will have to get a fan speed controller. My exhaust fan is actually a little strong for my space. Better than the other way around, I guess. :D

Gonna let these veg for about a week or so, then flip em to 12/12.

[​IMG]

A couple close ups of the LST for comparison in a few days. Probably gonna get in there and clear out a little of the fan leaves that are pinned underneath and not really doing any good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The next 4 babies, finally with room to take off

[​IMG]

And finally, a close up of my unintentional supercrop. I may keep this one in veg longer than the other ones since it was the runt. Gonna see how it does with the veg under HPS, then decide.

[​IMG]

Everybody finally in their "permanent" spot. Today was watering day, so that worked out just like I had hoped. Gonna start bloom nutes probably in a couple/3 weeks. Weeeeeee! :bongin: