Keif box?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by ccoossmmiinn, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Is it worth it? I have a four peice grinder. So what's a good brand? Tell me some info about how a box works

Sent from my iPhone using GC Forum

2. A brand doesn't mean anything. You can make a box yourself.

All a kief box is is a box with (usually) 110 Micron Monofilament Nylon 'sieve' stretched over a frame with a piece of glass or mirror underneath it to catch the kief that falls through the small holes in the screen.

You can go to an art store, get a 110 Micron Screen, Put it in a picture frame and find a piece of glass (from the picture frame maybe?) and put that underneath, And fucking have the

same exact thing
    That you would get for buying an expensive kief box.

If you don't want to make one just search ebay for a cheap box. Cheaper the better. They are all generally the same quality (As to they will do exactly the same, some may just look nicer and sturdier)

3. They're better than a grinder if you want keif. When you use a grinder all the trichomes (the whole reason we smoke in the first place) just get all stuck n clog up the grinder. Scissors and a tray or keif box n you got scissor hash, keif, and no wasted medicine. They other guy I right tho, most keif boxes are fuckin cheap pieces o shit. The ones online are extreme shit unless you wanna spend $100. Check around head shops n see if you can find something quality.

4. And how do you use them?

5. You put the bud in and shake thvbox. Google it or youtube

6. I got my zifter box from 20 past 4 for $20 bucks. Wellllll worth the small investment. If your will to spend some extra $ get one e multiple sized levels and a slide out bottom tray. Make sure its made of glass also! Not plastic

7. Can I get some links for some ones you have?

8. No link, but here's some pics of mine. If your ordering one offline I suggest mr. Kiefbox. Lil more expensive but top knotch quality!

ForumRunner_20130410_145304.png

ForumRunner_20130410_145542.png

ForumRunner_20130410_145754.png

9. are there any keif boxes that are also airtight and you can just store your buds in as well

10. I'm guessing since most aren't airtight, the buds sitting in the box for a couple days will dry them out too right?

11. Yeah, it's nice if u have wet bud. You can also use them for curing small amounts for a nice even cure with steady airflow.