Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Keeping your bud in the fridge

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by jermainel1, Feb 8, 2010.

1. i just wanted to know if you can put your bud in the fridge to keep it nice and fresh?

2. I keep it in the freezer, in an air tight container.:smoking:

3. You can keep it in the fridge and if you have a mason jar put in that.

You don't want to put you bud in the freezer ever. If it has moisture in it, it will freeze and when drying out it can become soggy. Also freezing bud makes the trichs brittle and they break off. That is why ice is used in bubble hash.

4. Yea, freezerburnt weed not good, Not safely smokeable. Then you run risk's of gettin mold on it when it dries.

5. DO NOT EVER STORE BUDS IN THE FRIDGE OR FREEZER. both contain high humidity and moisture levels and will ruin your bud.

Just get a mason jar(the type with a 2 part lid), clean it well, let it air dry openly for a day or two, then place your buds(never ever put anything in there with them) inside and place the jar in a cool, dry, and dark place. A dresser/desk drawer is ideal.

6. Airtight in a dry place is your best bet. Freezers are good if you want to harvest kief, but not so otherwise. A fridge can be useful for temporary storage if your bud is dry, but my main storage location is in a jar I put in my desk drawer.

7. i had a p stash of well cured assorted premium nuggets that i simply couldnt smoke within a timely manner

i bagged and jarred, then froze at least an ounce of incredible ganja for what had to be at least a few months (lets say mid winter to mid-early spring)
    i'd check on it briefly, making sure to keep it deep in the freezer

water and moisture never crystalized to any real degree on the jars or bag, nevermind the buds

before i moved out of my crib i split the stuff into bags and jars so i'd be able to crack into it without thawing the entire product

i made sure to smoke everything i thawed
    i'd smoke it almost immediately

the stuff was bone dry
    and smoked fine

the taste might have been compromised a touch

but it worked out fine

8. wtf i've never heard of people putting their bud in their fridge ??

wtf is the point? to keep weed that you aren't going to smoke fresh ? :confused:

9. Well I mean I know alot of people that put there cig's in the freeer. Says it keeps them fresh. But I dont know, I dont like the idea.

10. good idea but wouldnt the trichomes become brittle and break off easy?

11. Yeah, Ive always heard that it does, unless you have completely airtight bags.
    But I'm not 100% sure, I've never tried the freezer method. I keep my weed in a glass jar :)

12. #12 ToastyRoadie, Feb 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2010
    Wow, too funny. I keep mine in the freezer ALL the time, it preserves it well, just keep in an air tight container. Mine is never in there more than a month at a time and I've never had any issues.

Refrigerators and freezers remove moisture from the air, not add it.;)

http://www.concept420.com/marijuana-storage-preservation.htm

13. true true. I always keep mine in an air-tight mason jar in the refrigerator door. Its never in there long enough to get moldy and no one really thinks about looking for weed in the reefer. Thats funny.....I store my weed in a reefer....lol....hahahahh.... Maybe im to high:smoke:

14. Let's say your guy says he has some real, real good weed but he isn't selling less than an ounce of it. Or you just want to buy enough to save for a few months so you never go without. You want to keep it fresh, so you put it in the fridge or freezer. I understand the motives, but I am doubtful of the results. Why not just keep it in a mason jar like everyone else for a few months. I've never kept it that long, but it seems like it should be just fine?