The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure :

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Keeping Weed Stored in a Jar

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by lbcake, Aug 5, 2011.

1. If I have an eighth of weed and I have it one of those prescription pill cases; what will having it for two and half weeks do to its quality? Is there any decrease in the strength that the THC has on your brain or does it simply just dry dry out the weed making it a bit more harsh to smoke?

2. It'll just get a little dry.

3. Don't worry about it, it'll be fine.

4. It'll either make it dry as a desert blowjob or it'll cure

5. lol. What do you mean by cure?

6. Curing is basically storing your weed in jars or containers so the strength and aroma of the weed comes out over time. Which is necessary to get the best smoke. Get one of the nugs and try to break the stem and if it snaps its good, if the stem bends over, you need to cure it.

7. So you would recommend like a glass jelly jar over a prescription pill case?

8. i have one likie that and it works great but i might be a little dry

9. Glass, but since you only have an eighth I recommend you go to a store and get Gerber baby food and empty that shit out and use those jars because they aren't that big and can hold 4-5 grams unless your jelly jar is small, if you put your eighth in a big ass jar, there would be too much air than bud which isnt good.

10. should still get you high as a kite.

11. It'll be fine. Smoke it and get really stoned, then report back if it still was good.

12. Ah true that. Good idea, I'll have to pick up one of those jars by the end of the week.

13. Sure thing. :smoke:

14. I've had an eighth of weed chilling in my little mason jar for about a week now and it's been completely fine. Also keeps the smell in completely, which was a problem I had before. I seriously had 6 ziplocs to cover the weed and it still reaked!

15. Buy a small jar like this ^ , with a humidipak and your pill jar! I spent $10 on jar and $2 on humidipak, the pak lasts 4-6 months, it keeps your herb fresh!

Attached Files:

16. The only thing good about glass jars is that it looks cool,thats it.
    but it does not keep weed from drying out.
    i keep weed in a good quality thick ziplock baggie,squeeze all the air out
    put it in a tupperware container and keep it in the freezer
    weed wont freeze and it keeps it moist, and ive notice it makes the smell stronger.

17. Yup. Airtight mason jars work great.

The things that will degrade weed is light, air and temperature, so if you can keep your bud in an airtight container in a cool, dark place, the better off you are.

18. You never put weed in the freezer! The different smells can penetrate anything and freezers take moisture out so icicles don't form.

19. It will dry somewhat... still perfectly fine to smoke. I feel pill bottles do a fine job at storing weed for a short time. Ziplock inside a tightvac for big quantities and take about a few grams into a pill bottle at a time.

Grasscity Deals Near You