Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

keeping weed in plastic bags

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by psilacybin, Nov 29, 2008.

1. na man needs to be airtight really to prevent things like mold, should be ok for a while if ur smoking it all at once but invest in a mason jar or ziplock bags

2. so like what? a week or two? less?

3. [​IMG]

wait.. grocery or a sandwich baggie?

4. less than a week, get it somewhere nice and air tight asap

5. ooh so it is a ziplock?

6. if it then that is fine, here we where thinking you kept it in a plastic bag lol

7. use alot of bags and find a bottle.... shit get like a jam jar or something!

8. i wasnt trying to be a cunt.. even tho im great at it....
    i just like funny picture expressing stuff :)
    but sandwich baggie fuck yeah homie all day.. but jars are alright i stick to the sandwich bag and tie it :) people bitch about my knots when they try to open my bag but i dont pull it all the way thru so theres like a pull tab :) they need to make bags like that
    end rambling/

9. This is what you need to do tomorrow... Go to the dollar store with some pocket change and buy an air tight glass masons jar or w/e else they have there.

10. yea i just use a sandwitch bag most the time. but sometimes i use a jar for good shit. I've had mids sit in ziplock bags for months, never had a prob.

• Like Like x 1
  11. i have these tight little baby food jars i get from my buddy (who has a babay) and it awesome because they are tiny and have "organic" all around the rim and the brand is "earth's best" haha i love reading those then seeing bud inside.

but yes use glass man. i also have a salt shaker i stole from black angus thats a perfect stash container too.

12. i use the plastic club containers...theyre great

13. i use a jam jar for big stuff and pill bottles or film cases for little dank nugs. but i just got this little container like you see in the kitchen for flour and sugar and stuff. its white with one of the metal fasteners and its got a good rubber seal but it only holds like an 8th.

14. i use an altoids can

15. yah use an airtight jar plastic bags eat the crystals.

16. Yeah I heard plastic bags remove the crystals from the bud.

17. hah, do they ever. with my glass jars, after about 6 months, i can actually scrape off the crystals that stick to the side and get a nice little kif bowl, but i dont see people doing that with all the sticky shit left inside of plastic baggies... i hate using a plastic baggie and once my ounce is gone, the bag is like dusted with crystals, that kinda stuff gets to me lol..

18. Plastic bags are crap, check out this reply from ask Ed Rosenthal in Cannabis Culture.

'
    Polyethylene plastic bags such as baggies or zip-locs have an electrical charge which attracts glands. If you look at the surface of a used bag you will notice that it is covered with glands that have bonded with the plastic. Even scraping the material with a sharp surface such as a knife or razor blade will not remove them. These glands hold THC, the active ingredient in grass. When these glands transfer from the vegetative material to the bag, the potency of the grass is reduced.
    Glass, metals and thermally-sealed plastic don't carry an electrical charge so they can be used to store marijuana without affecting its quality.'
    Plastic bags for storage | Cannabis Culture Magazine

[​IMG]