Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Keeping weed fresh during car ride

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by omacisback, Jun 13, 2012.

1. In a few weeks I have a four day car ride that is unavoidable. During the middle of Summer, it could get quite hot in the car. I am going to bring a cool amount of herb for the destination, where I want to enjoy it for the next month or so. I want the herb to be as fresh as possible for when I arrive, but I also need to keep it hidden from other passengers in the car.

If I was to put the herb in some kind of inconspicuous container in the trunk, how would I keep it:

A) Smell-less (this is some stanky herb)
    B) Fresh (given that i can't put it in a cooler or whatever)

???

any input would be appreciated

2. A Mason Jar. and inside some sort of insolator like a cooler. or lunch box that has liner in it.

3. 2nd mason jar in dark place

4. Yeah, the consensus seems to be Mason Jar in another cool container. I third that.

5. Yep, mason jar in a dark cool place and it will completely fine.

6. #6 Storm Crow, Jun 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2012
    Old fashioned wide-mouth thermos! Air tight, and it keeps your stash at an even temperature- toss it in the trunk and forget it! No one will open it up if they are digging around in the trunk for their ____. :confused:

Mason jars are clear, so anyone who is digging around and sees it will know. Nor do mason jars keep your stash cool! And there is the chance of breakage! Glass does not belong in your stash! :eek:

You can usually find cheap thermoses at your local thrift store. :D

Granny

7. All of you are wrong apart from granny. This is the information you need to take to heart OP.

8. Oh so you're saying that a mason jar won't work? Get out of here douche, I doubt you even use a thermos yourself.

9. I second Granny.

10. In a paper bag, in a sealed widemouth mason jar, in a locked backpack, in your trunk... this is the best way to store it.

11. A thermos is perfect! It's inconspicuous, air-tight, and built for insulation. I'm thinking of using a zip-lock inside a thermos inside a backpack.

Will a thermos keep the smell from seeping into the car?

Thanks for all the replies, I really do appreciate it.

12. Yes it will.

13. in a ziplock bag with holes in it hanging from the antenna.

14. This is getting stupid... THIS IS THE CONCLUSION!

Mason Jar in Black Garbage Bag.
    A Thermos.

Stop bickering...

15. how much weed is considered a "cool" amount these days? Im trying to impress my friends and be "cool"". Nah jokes go with ziplock bag (or a few) in a thermost/metal water bottle thingy. Just for simplicity otherwise do what others have suggested

16. For any storing purpose, a mason jar is the most sufficient.

17. Keep it out of the sun at all costs! Put it in an sir tight container. This will keep the smell from escaping. I wrap mine up in layers of foil then stash it in a mason jar.