Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Keeping weed fresh… Have tried a lot of things

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by script writer, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Even if I use a vaporizer with a water tool – ariser solo -- it seems to burn my trachea and lungs and leads to bronchitis. I love edibles, but sometimes I need more instantaneous results…
    I've noticed a big difference with this regarding the freshness of my product. I'm not a big consumer, and even the smallest amount I buy seems to dry out quickly even in an airtight jar in the fridge. Any suggestions to avoid "lungburn" (did I make up this term?), and to keep my product fresh and soft? Would love to grow but can't.

2. Don't put it in the fridge.

Put it in a mason jar that's appropriate sized. Like if you have a small amount, put it in a small jar, not a big ass jar. For example, I've found that 4oz jars are good for an 1/8, 8oz jars for 1/4, 16oz jars are good for 1/2-1oz, and a 24oz jar is good for 1oz. You don't want a little bit of weed in a huge ass jar because that's like having it in nothing. You can also toss into the jar one of those humidity things that people put in cigar humidors.

Another thing you can do is when you're ready to use the weed, take the amount you're going to use, put it in a ziploc with a citrus peel for about 15 mins. Then remove the peel and use the weed. The dry weed will have soaked up a bit of moisture and flavor from the peel. Only do this with weed you are going to use right now. If you store it that way, your weed will mold very quickly and be ruined.

3. Wow, thank you so much for all of these tips! Why not fridge?

• Like Like x 1
  4. No fridge...does funky stuff to it and can let moisture in. Just a plain Mason jar stored in a dark place and properly sealed. Can keep it in there for months. Now, as the amount in the jar lessens, you might need to move to a smaller jar to limit the amount of air around your weed. Just keep the jar size relevant to the amount of weed you have on hand. TWW

5. store it in the dark, in a mason jar with a Bovedia 62% pack. I hope this helps

6. I think the fridge is a no no because of how moisture is recycled inside the actual unit. I think it's along the same lines as why you wouldn't want to put bread in a refrigerator.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. What I do is buy one of those tightvac airtight black containers from amazon, and I place a "boveda humidipack" (also from Amazon) in it keeps the humidity at 62* (ime the magic number). It's a two way humidity control, so it's perfect for this scenario. U can also put it I a mason jar, but I just personally prefer the black containers. not only does this keep bud fresh, but it also helps improve the condition of really dry bud! If your weed is a little too wet though, I'd leave it In the container without the humidipack until you're happy with the "dryness" of it.

Hope this helps!