Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Keeping tolerance low? Searched and couldn't find.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Big D Johnson, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Hey gc
    Now before I get flamed I'd like to say I searched and couldn't find anything on this specific question.
    I as many on the forum like to use cannabis recreationally to help me relax after a long day. However I do use it for medical purposes. I have very bad social anxiety and I will take a small dose before putting myself in a potentially stressful situation. By small dose I mean like 1-2 puffs off a bowl, not enough to get high at all just enough to curb my anxiety. Now here's my question, can I lower my tolerence by abstaining from the recreational use but still take my small dose (aprox. 1-2 hits a day)?

2. Yes, that's how I lowered my tolerance I didn't just stop smoking all together I just gradually smoked less and less and it lowered my tolerance over the period of a month or so.

3. Use bongs or vapes.
    A bong or vape will make you higher with less amount of weed.
    A less amount of weed=more tolerance for a longer period of time.

4. 1-2 hits is reallly really low already...u barly have a tolerance as of now.....now u would only have 1-2 htis the entire day? cause when i smoke its like 3 bowls an hour lol.....and yea jus dont smoke that much...the more u start to smoke the higher your tolerance will get higher

5. I don't think so. I don't know for a fact, but I assume the receptors in your brain will still be receiving THC, thus your tolerance will stay the same. The only way to lower tolerance is to abstain, but your tolerance will block off after a while, meaning, it's not like you're gonna need to smoke 4 bowls to get a buzz on.

6. Your tolerance only rises when you start to seek a more euphoric experience. If you stick to a minimum amount of hits every time you smoke, then your tolerance won't raise. But when you start to seek a "blazed off yo ass dawg" high; and take 5-10 hits, bet your ass that your tolerance is rising.

7. Exactly a few hits is nothing and won't really alter your tolerance. Lucky you, i actually get social anxiety when high

8. #8 fuzzymuffin, Nov 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2010
    Everybody is different, but for most people even if you are only hitting one or twice a day, your body will become accustomed to it and it will stop having the same effect. Eventually, this will require you to smoke a little more to get the same effect and so on. The best way to keep tolerance low is to have a break of at least a day or two between smoking sessions. The more you smoke each session, the greater break required between sessions to keep a low tolerance.