Keeping The Smell Down

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Rickitywrecked, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Hey guys I'm trying to keep smell down here is my situation. I'm a military vet going to college, my parents are kind enough to let me stay in their home. I vaporize due to the fact I have severe military related insomnia (my parents dont know that) I have been caught twice even with a vaporizer and a sploofy with a fan blowing all of the air out of my window. The second time was because my old ass neighbor said I was smoking in the backyard while I was studying. Do you guys have any suggestions? I even sealed off my room covering my bedroom door all the AC vents and yet my mom complained I was smoking and her body felt like it was on fire (I know that sounds stupid).

2. make yourself some edibles? get a little camp stove and go someplace private. The 'net and anecdotal reports say it's easy to OD on edibles and have a bad time, but that wasn't my experience yrs ago and I recommend it. And next time don't join the military :) :goodnight:

3. I use those oil cartridges in the bathroom. Put the "poop" fan on and vape away. I exhale the smoke into the fan. My little brother says there's no smell, and my older brother tells me to stop jacking off in the bathroom. I rather him think im rubbing one out than getting baked

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. You were prepared to die in service for your country. Why not just tell your parents you're having some issues and weed helps? who knows maybe your mom will make hash brownies for you. Good luck man.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I can't really suggest you go one way or the other, but here's what I do.

I picked up a set of cheap pint mason jars from the dollar general, and I use them to store all my supplies. My portable vapes (pax 2 and g pro) go in one jar, different varieties of weed each go in their own jar with a boveda pack, cleaning supplies go in another jar, AVB in another, etc.

I have a triple carbon filter HEPA air scrubber that get's left on 24/7, and in front of the fan's exhaust I've got two cans of ozium which are left to circulate around the room 24/7 as well.

The only time my vape is out of it's jar is to charge, and even when it's just off and charging it still generates a smell. So my advice is that if you think something smells, assume that everyone in the house can already smell it.

When I want to smoke / vape, I load up my vape with a quarter gram of blended flower, toss it in a mason jar, toss that jar in a backpack, and transport myself outside. Once outside, I ditch the bag and the jar in a secure location where I know people arent going to be looking for them (bushes out back, etc whatever works) and pocket the vape where I walk around the neighborhood and take my medication.

I try to plan this during times of the day where it's windier and people are inside either eating dinner or winding down for the night. This is usually mid-morning when people have left for work, around 1-2 in the afternoon when people have already had lunch and are back at work or otherwise engaging in business, and around 7-10 in the evening when people have already had dinner and are now winding down for the evening with their favorite TV show.

Keep your appearance basic. Don't go around wearing baja hoodies, kush hats, slouchy beanies, or any other kind of apparel that screams "I'm a stoner, look at me" Attention is your enemy here and you want people to think your just some average tool with a fruity tobacco vape.

I just assume everyone knows exactly what I'm doing, so I make sure that nobody actively catches me doing it or otherwise smells the aroma of my vape in the wind.

Or, you could try and help get your parents educated with and supportive of the idea of you making use of medical cannabis. This is a much harder route to go, and you do always have the risk of them saying you need to either ditch the weed, find another place to live, or both in unison.

Optionally, connect with other stoners / cannabis enthusiasts in your area through NORML meetings or other similar organizations, and find some people who are cool with you medicating over at their place.

Best of luck to you, thank you for your service.

6. I'm guessing you're not in a legal state? That sucks bro. I'd be telling that neighbor where he can put his head... but I digress. Unfortunately bro, vapor is smelly no matter how you vape it. It's just the way vaping works. The only way to reduce it that I can think of is to buy maybe a smoke buddy or whatever those are where you blow the smoke into this filter that then is suposed to dissipate it without smell. Of course, there is a lingering smell no matter what you do, but it does help.

You could always try telling your neighbor that you're a vet and that he should mind his own fucking business. I'm a vet myself and that is appalling.

7. I'm not a vet but if I were I'd be like "go fight for your freedom to tell me what to do, like I did for you, then tell me what to do, asshole".

A carbon filter will solve all the issues with smell. The handheld Smoke Buddy works good. You could get a one for the room but I'm guessing that'll be obvious, unless you quote some study that shows indoor air quality to be 4x worse than outside air lol.

Thank you for your service. :)

8. Short and sweet,one to another, grow a pair.