keeping plants alive while away??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by rkilla, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Ok well i got a bunch of girls bout 10-18 inchs tall and just got a call saying i need to leave for work monday and i'll be gone probably 2 weeks

anyone have some easy solutions for keeping them alive while i'm away?
    lights are pretty easy

wish i could just stick them outside or something but theres still lots of snow here

2. Lights on a timer. Get someone to water em every 3 or 4 days and raise the lights if needed.

3. Depends how serious you are. You could find someone else to water/move lights if needed. You can buy an automatic watering system from walmart(i just saw them in the garden section this wk). They are made to hook up to your hose and sprinklers outside and comes with a timer. You could rig it in your house/grow area somewhere to water(some basements have hose bibs), make it low pressure(barely turn water on), and test it a few times this wkend not on your plants.

It prob will cost you 50-80$ for adapters and unit, but its pretty doable if you dont want to invite anyone to do it for you.

4. You can rig a d.i.y drip system using 2 litre pop bottles, rubber hose, and plumbers tape.
    A light timer is crucial.

5. i have light timers and i have some water timer that takes 4 AA batteries and a bunch of drip system stuff but i need to hook it all up for indoors cause i usually use it outdoors

i think if i move the light high enough and have them trained all to grow sideways i'll be ok i'll just be busy this weekend trying to set up some kinda drip system

maybe i can use real diluted fertilizer also so i don't miss feedings too thanks all for some ideas

6. Two weeks is long time, and at that stage of growth, might be a good time for 12/12 if youe gonna finish indoors. I would put a ball valve on a large storage tote so you can turn it on like a hose, make sure it dont leak and run a cheap drip smitter setup from that. just put the tote higher than the plants so it will gravity feed and adjust the drip rate. cost ya about 30-40 bucks at most and its pretty much fool proof.

7. why not just get one of those aqua globes?? they're used for other plants and it keeps the soil moist for about 2 weeks. I'd say that's pretty easy...