Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Keeping my cool with cops

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Jaemercs, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Hey was wondering how to keep my cool with cops ? like ever sence i was 15 years old in high school and i would be getting talked to by cops and admins of the school i would get like red blotches like could be anywhere ... liek on my neck face and stuff .. i could be completely innocent and it will happen i guess jsut out of being so nervous.. i get really hot and my heart starts beating fast i still get it now .. well my heart does not beat as fast a it did... but idk man it is weird it happens when im in the sun just like chillin too ill get red blothes randomly idk ... its not even like im gettign a red face like some people .. its jsut like random blotches on like my neck face arms anywhere

2. it started like freshmen year .. kinda weird but still happens to me now.. im 18 and about to graduate end of this year

3. Best way to avoid cop trouble is to avoid cops. They can't bust you if you aren't doing something illegal. If you're smoking, don't smoke in public, go out after or before, not during. Knowing you are abiding the law should help with nervousness.
    As far as the sun... see your doctor :p

4. idk lol im guessing because like im gettting really hot when im nervous and it makes my skin a little blotchy and the same happens in the sun when im getting really hot like summer time .. goes away when i cool off or put something like cold water on it

5. That's terrible :( It sounds really stereotypical but maybe when you're nervous you should just breathe deeply and focus on your breathing to keep your mind steady instead of panicky and racing. When I'm in a bad situation and I'm trying to keep calm, I tell myself that I'm playing everything off perfectly (or, if I'm actually innocent, I just keep in mind that I have no reason to be nervous or scared) because talking yourself into being confident and calm is very effective.

6. ok thanks ill try that

7. just be honest and say you're scared.

alot of people get nervous and shake when they are completely innocent.

8. take a public speaking course in college, dead serious it will help you with confidence and whatnot and it will help improve your interpersonal skills

9. I know how you feel

10. Just try to calm down as much as possible and relax. Think about your breathing, breathe in, breathe out. Just relax.

11. Have your story ready at all times. Think of every question you could be asked and have an answer rehearsed. I do that all the time and just rattle my answers off without having to think about bullshitting. Examples of questions to rehearse would be like, "What are you doing here?" "Where are you going?" etc. Just think of any question that you might fumble on. Good luck.

12. Once my boyfriend got pulled over for running a stop sign, and looked nervous. The cop noticed, made him get out of the car, and threatened to get a K-9 to search the car because his nervousness seemed suspicious apparently. However he dropped it after my boyfriend explained he'd never been pulled over before and was nervous because of that, so yeah just admitting it would probably help...

...a different time, my boyfriend and I got pulled over (this happened in the same town in the same week, their reasoning was retarded but it's a long story that I'm not getting into here). They were only slightly suspicious of us until they asked where we were coming from, we said our friend's house, and they asked the address and we didn't know the name of the street. On top of that they thought it was strange that we took an odd route to go home (we were high, what can I say). Then they made my bf do a billion sobriety tests. :rolleyes:
    Moral: Yes, always know where you're coming from, your purpose for being where you are in the present, and where you're headed.

13. I thnik once you are in front of the cops you will automatically find out how to act normal. I don't think you'll start fooling around. Best way not to have trouble is definitly to avoid cops.

14. It's anxiety/stress/nerves.

15. Whenever you start to get nervous pretend like you're super blazed and relax.

16. I think you're allergic to authority ;)

I have the same problem. Minus the blotches :rolleyes:

17. right

18. I worked as a security guard for our city's public pools a couple of years ago over the summer. I had to talk with cops all the time so I kind of figured our their mindset. I was kind of the classic anti-security guard though. Its funny, once all kids found out I smoke all the time and didnt give a shit they actually listened to me and stuff.