Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Keeping it fresh

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Zlideways, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Recently I had bought an ounce of some super fire best bud I've had in a long time and I'm down to my last 5 grams. I want to savor these 5 grams and keep them for special occasions right now i have it in one of those snap lock ziploc tupper ware containers just wondering what is the best thing possible to use.

I will go buy a vacuum sealer if those are the best, looking for any input thanks blades.

2. seal + freezer.

3. Freezing the weed... :eek: A new revelation has come upon me! Mad props dude! I'm lucky when I have enough to freeze though :D

4. Putting your bud in the freezer will keep it fresh, just make sure its sealed.

5. Actually an airtight jar is best. If you want to keep it for more than 6-12 months though then yes, vacuum sealing it is probably best. That being said, I could go grab a 2 year old jar probably and it would be good smoke.

Keep it in a cool, dark place without a lot of fluctuations in temperature.

Freezing can damage trichomes, though yes I have frozen it. Cool, dark, and dry is the best way, not freezing. A wine cellar or root cellar is perfect, though of course I realise most people don't have those.

6. Ive never heard of it damaging trichomes and Ive been freezing my buds all the time and gets me high as fuck. But I believe you because you are more experienced.

7. I freeze mine all the time. Sometimes I'll leave a little out that I pick off and smoke and leave excess in the freezer. After a week or even just a few days of smoking the unfrozen bud and then getting some more from the freezer I notice a considerable difference in the high.

8. I used to grow. After harvest, we would pack it in genuine Tupperware containers. Tupperware is worth the money.

9. When you grow and you need to cure your weed, freezing it makes it more of a smooth, tastier and of course, fresh.

10. wait... what? Freezing it while it cures? I'm really high and confused and high right now so this isn't making any sense to me right now. How can the THC develop while curing if it's frozen? or... did you mean freeze it after you cure it?