keeping fingers crossed

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Purplebreeze, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Three plants in same soil, two have purple stems and the biggest on dropping sideways, all sagging leaves, no yellowing I they are dark to light green, I had over watered have since stopped, fungus gnats are being takin care of, should I just be patient and see what happens in next few day?

Attached Files:

2. Not what I was asking bud thanks for the reply though, I already have looked at different web sites all have given conflicting information on my particular issue so please if you don't bother directing me to more site

3. Well if you are too lazy to read and learn i can't help you ..
    You have no clue what is going on and I gave you a chance to learn because you are so clueless it would take a very long reply to set you straight . So I directed you to a site that has trusted info and rather than read it you shut down your clueless grow mind , and then bitch abut the advice offered .
    Perhaps some one else will come along and wipe your ass for you .

4. Hmm maybe you should do some personal growth, if your gonna be an ass then don't bother commenting i.e. grow up dude I'm not gonna start trash talk,I didn't shut down anything in fact I am reading everything that that site offers. But the fact remains there is contradictory info from other stuff I have read, like some places have said it's a magnesium deficiency other say lights to close, others say pH imbalance so do you see where the problem is or not if not then thanks for the link and have a nice day

5. Also if it's gonna take a long reply to set me straight then I believe that makes you an inadequate and lazy teacher and you probly should find someone to teach you how to be a more active individual

6. First off you soil sucks and is not good to grow weed in , so start there

7. Interesting comment, how do you come to this conclusion without knowing what kind of soil I'm using? Nevermind thanks for your advice I will take it into consideration along with all the other stuff I have read

8. Wow thanks for that earth shattering advice man I mean it was just so captivating it really turned things around for me!!! ( How I wish words could drip with the sarcasm your advice has put into my heart)

9. #10 InvasionANC, Nov 6, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
    What kind of soil ARE you using? Dickie and I don't normally agree on our approch to these situations, but I have to agree, and he can determine that because it looks like straight dirt with bits of bark in it, also you probably wouldn't be having any issues this early if it were not for something being inherently bad about the medium. A seedling that young will generally be perfectly happy with nothing but plain tap water and an inert (containing no nutritional elements) medium. I used to occasionally get purple stems on my seedlings because I use unbuffered coco which absorbs and withholds magnesium (also calcium, but symptoms of a calcium deficiency are much different). It's very difficult to overdose a plant on magnesium so I started adding Espsom salts to my water, 3 tablespoons per 5 gallons currently (still charting the effects and progress). You need to remove that foil, foil is a terrible reflective surface because it creates uneven light and hot spots. Beyond that, it does look like you may want to do a bit more research. Check out Just4Growers youtube page and check out their extensive collection of tutorial videos. It will save you a lot of time sorting through bad information and it's all streamlined into very comprehensive and easy to understand videos. I consider it an invaluable resource, despite the fact that it does not pertain specifically to cannabis.

Nirvana Grow Journal

10. Thanks so much I'm don't mean to be cross with the man, the soil I'm using is not the ideal kind this much I understand but it's what I have to work with, I'm on a very tight budget on this grow due to a series of unfortunate events, I'm using a Miracle-Gro potting soil, as I said I'm only 6 days in this grow and I started of with bad light and over watered them which brought fungus gnats, so I'm battling those things with some home remedy, I.e. a fan and peroxide,i don't mean to discredit his advice I agree my soil sucks but it's what I have to work with ATM. And thank you for taking the time to explain a method to adjust the situation

• Like Like x 1
  11. Also my question originally was should I wait this thing out

12. I never experienced any irreparable damage from those symptoms, cannabis is extremely resilient. I would leave them be until they need more water. If you're using SMG soil, it is most likely a slight overdose of nutrients causing those symptoms. That's one of the main problems with SMG soil, it has more nutrients added to it than seedlings prefer. I would start your babies in plugs or get small starter pots (about 1.5" square, 2" deep, come in black plastic 6 pack rack thingies) and a bag of plain, raw peat to fill them with in the future. Seedlings don't really need any nutrients until they have developed the second set of true leaves.

Nirvana Grow Journal

• Like Like x 1