Keeping door open

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Refer Happiness, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Good evening GC!

I have a small problem and am not sure the most effective way to go about solving it. Currently I have a 30' by 24' box which I grow in. It is located inside a closet which does not have its own ventilation to it. I try to keep the door to the closet open as much as possible so air can flow, but sometimes it is hard to especially when I have company over. The lack of airflow is causing the temperatures to be just a tad to high.

The temperature will hit a max of 84 degrees and drop as low as 63 degrees. I am aware that anything between 60-75 is optimal.

When I check my box is it okay for me to leave the door open for an hour or so to let the plants get some fresh air while dropping the temp? Or should I only open the box to check pH/ppm what not? Does keeping the door open cause any additional harm to my plants?

Thank you!

*Loading a bowl :D

2. The door should be open when lights are on. Lights out, the room must be completely dark. However, you have to have an intake and output ventilation.

3. Imagine a "closet" inside of a "closet". If I am not home I shut and lock my superbox, but sometimes leave the closet open. It than just looks like a safe or refrigerator to anyone else.

check it... Super Box 5 in 1 Hydroponic Cabinet - 8 Plant

4. But my question is, the fact it is located in a closet which lacks air flow, is it okay for me to keep the superbox open for maybe an hour or so after work? Or will doing that come with a high chance of damaging my goods?

5. I get the superbox. I considered one but decided it wasn't worth the money for my purposes. I understand that you are concerned about stealth as well as product. It's always better to have more airflow.

6. so lemme get this straight... say I wanted to read my babies a bed time story... Would me having the door open for a couple hours, subjecting them to the outside environment (my closet)... effect/kill them?

7. Pics please

8. NO. Fresh air is necessary for them especially as the get bigger.
    My preferable temp range is 70 min and around 80 max but 84 shouldn't be a major problem as long as they have fresh air

9. [quote name='"deman81k"']
    NO. Fresh air is necessary for them especially as the get bigger.
    My preferable temp range is 70 min and around 80 max but 84 shouldn't be a major problem as long as they have fresh air[/quote]

Dude, I gave up. I answered more then once. Fk it.

10. Just confirming your replies with info based on my experience. 2 heads are better than one

11. read it two ways. I gottcha now.

12. You also want to be careful leaving the doors open as it invites pests to blow into your grow, such as the dreaded Spider Mite!

13. Thanks, that helps a lot.