Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Keeping buds in a prescription pill bottle? (empty of course)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Jetlife123, Feb 24, 2011.

1. I honestly prefer it over mason jars, but does it do the same job? I rarely have a stash more than a week so its not spending a lot of time in there.

2. It doesn't do nearly the same job, it's not air-tight, but if you're not using them for extended periods of time it doesn't really matter.

3. Actually, some pill bottles are air tight while some are not.
    I prefer mason jars to store but I also like pill bottles because they are small and convenient to carry around.

4. Yes prescription pill bottles work well and keep your bud from getting crushed,

theyre not completely airtight but theyre better than ziplocks,

and the amber color protects it somehow, something to do with light and uv rays

5. I agree.
    But some of them ARE airtight, trust me, i smoke out of one. lol :smoke:

6. Well my dad has his medical prescription on a pill bottle, which he gets refilled when he runs out(I think it's like an ounce a month or something) and his is airtight. I know for a fact cuz he just leaves it on a desk and his room NEVER smells. So Yea pill bottles are great for weed just make sure it's airtight

7. When you get medical from a collective it usually comes in a pill bottle.

8. Yeah the color of pill bottles is made that way so it protects the pills from light, as many pharmaceuticals are light-sensitive. Which is just a bonus for bud.

If you can find air-tight pill bottles more power to you.

9. I use the pill bottle... While it obviously isnt as good as a mason jar, its more portable and practical for on the go tokers.