Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Keeping a stash for long periods of time? (1/2 oz)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Von DooM, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Hey guys, I'm thinking about buying 1/2 ounce of some dank bud... but I don't smoke all that often, I might hit my bong every weekend and maybe sometimes during the week.

With school starting, I'll probably not be hitting it during the week, but at the same time I'm sick of dealing with my shitty dealer.

I'm thinking about buying 1/2 oz and keeping it for myself for a while... is there anything I should know in order to keep the weed at its finest quality? Does quality degrade as time passes on?

I heard to keep weed fresh you throw it in a bag with a couple of orange peels? Is this true?

Any advice on this situation shall be greatly appreciated :smoking:

2. just get a mason jar

3. Right, there isn't a chance of it drying out or anything after a few months or something right?

lol, super noob smoker :hello:

4. How much are mason jars? And how long do they keep weed fresh?
    I need to know as well because I have 3 oz of kryp that I obviously wont be getting through too quickly with college and all

5. i agree to ^ either mason jar or big tupperware. thats what i use. works well and cleans easy.

by ^ i mean second post by cannabiscup

6. Mason jars arnt all that expensive. PLus there glass so the keep shit freash, if your really anal bout it you can use the sealing lids for them

7. ya mason jars keep my large ammounts fine for a month or 2

8. Yeah, mason jars are deffinately the way to go.
    Keep the thc level almost the same, and keep the the bud fresh.

9. i got mine for 35$ and its really big it can hold an ounce and a half. its dubble blown yellow glass i got it at my local headshop its tight.

10. dude, that's so sick... thanks brah... repd

11. Throw it in a bag put the bag in a little tuperware container and put it in the freezer and it will be the same as you put it in when you take it out

12. #13 Von DooM, Aug 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2008
    over the course of a month or two, wouldn't that just make it cold and freeze it?

by the way, think a mason jar can keep that 1/2 oz good for like 6 months? (hypothetically)

13. what about medical bottles

14. the orange peel thing is for moisture. if you leave it in there too long, you can get mold. and i doubt you'd want mold on a 1/2 ounce of good weed...

15. my cousin has had some decent KB in a mason jar for 4 months now.. we took it out last weekend for the first time and smoked a couple bowls... smoked/tasted/felt just like it did 4 months ago.. i wouldn't worry about it mate as long as you get an air-tight glass container you should be good for a LOOONNG time.. also i've read about people curing weed on here for 6 months.. it'll definitely last at least that long.

16. i have never had weed in my mason jar for that long so im not sure. the longest i had mine in there was 4 months and when i took it out it was a little dry and when i smoked it i got just as high. and medical bottles are not air tight so you buds would dry out.

17. just go to walmart or your nearby supermarket place, they usually have it

18. Get an airtight glass jar. That'll keep it for awhile. And do not add orange peels. They will make your buds moldy if left in the jar too long. Orange peels can be used to add moisture to really dry nug, but they shouldn't be left in a bag/jar for more than a few hours at a time.