Keeping a male plant ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Green finger, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Hey guys, it seems like growing is a never ending reading and trying to learn process lol. So my question this time is , I'm wondering if anyone out there keeps a male plant for pollen and is there any safe way to keep a male plant close to your main grow area?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Haha simple and sweet 187,, I guess I'll just stick to buying my seeds until I do some more reading lol

• Like Like x 1
  3. A separate bot would work, you just have to watch out that the spores don't leak out and pollinate your females. From what I remember a males spores travel pretty far and easy

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks for the replies guys ,,just after buying some seeds online that are not cheep I was thinking about how I could cut the middle man out and get my own seeds , yes I was thinking about a box kinda deal myself ,, I was also just wondering if anyone here has done such a thing with any luck without getting all of the female plants messed up.

5. I have heard of people growing the male long enough for the pollen sacks and then keep g the pollen in freezer and getting rid of the male. A thought for you

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. That's exactly what I do. I grow in a basement so if I have a male or if I'm using colloidal silver on a female I take everything two stories up to pollinate.
    After pollinating waiting 2 days and then thoroughly rinsing the plant it goes back downstairs.
    The closet is then sterilized. Pollen is very light and powerful so also be careful not to transport it on your clothing.
    Breeding is very rewarding and I say go for it, just be careful and it should work out great.

7. Thanks for the reply island born !! Definitely something to keep in mind !!
    And thanks granny ! I'm getting closer and closer to germinating some seeds , I'm going to be growing in a basement bedroom as well only thing is I would not have the option to bring any plants to far from my grow area as we have a 14year old boy living in the house with us , the room I'm going to be growing in is a bedroom in our basement and I have built a wall down the centre of the room making my grow area a little bigger than the first half of the bedroom if you can understand what I'm telling you , so my grow room is a room inside a room lol ,, I would really like to get into breeding and creating my own seeds only need to figure out a good way to keep everything seprate in the same general area , I don't smoke weed anymore and I'm doing all this just for the pleasure of growing ,, but haha that doesn't mean I want to mess up all my female plants as I may like to sample what I grow at some point lol

8. It looks good, you've worked hard on it. And your right you certainly don't have to be a smoker to enjoy this hobby!
    I'm sure with some thought you could work something out in a near vicinity situation.
    Good luck and happy growing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1