Keeping a constant PH?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Preflight, Oct 18, 2009.

1. SO is it possible to keep a constant PH level in my soil? i have a soil test meter ( i can't find a water meter around here) and i test it everyday. The constant number is always 6.8-7.0, i know that's high and i have been trying to keep it low with a water and vinegar mix, which lowers it to low 6's usualy, but when i come back the next morning, its back up. These are still in the seedling stages, i did the soak in water method to start them off and planted them 3 days ago.

2. #2 HERB INSURGENT, Oct 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2009
    google dolimite lime and marijuana growing

it tell ya how much to add somthing like an ounce per gallon is what i use it acts as a ph buffer to keep your soil ph at 6.5-7 which will keep you pretty much good

and you want your ph for soil grows to be at 6.8 or as close to the number you can get too low or too high like something past 7and lower than 6.5 and your asking for nute lockout which will stunt stop and cause other bad problems for you plant

and by the way vinegar will not hold your ph you need to go to a pet shop and buy some ph up and ph down

3. stop useing vinegar i was useing vinegar with my hydro system and the water was turning to mother slime go to hydro store and get ph down works great

4. dude why are you trying to lower your PH to 6 :confused: your growing in soil right? so your PH is where it needs to be, long as its kept below 7

5. Thanks for the replies, i'm going to go buy some ph up and down today, i read about vinegar being a cheaper way to lower the ph level so thats why i was using it. my meter shows that the ph right now is like 6.9-7.0 im not comfortable flirting with that line, what would cause it to go past 7.0? lack of nutes?

6. hey dude what do u mean "im not comfortable flirting with that line" u saying your not comfortible with your PH being right & pertty much where it should be?? do you want it to be wrong then lol

when you do go out of the correct PH range nutes will be locked out from the plant & the plant will show it but yours is fine really