keepen'em shorties

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by munchmasta, Jul 10, 2009.

1. #1 munchmasta, Jul 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2009
    Hi,
    I've got a very limited growing space, about 3 feet high by 2' long and about 1' deep. are the chances of survival and flourishment possible? if so, how? im using 2 19w daylight and 1 40some watt soft white cfls. im trying to keep them real close to prevent stretching.
    i want to keep the pots as small as possible to maximize leafage space.

with good pruning and some lst, is there hope? or is this a crockpot idea? i really dont want to pay for my trees anymore!:smoke:

2. first how many plants do you plan to grow?

and whats the lumens of those lights?

what you can do though is instead of putting the lights above the plant you can put it around them this will cause the plant to grow bushy because it will be reaching for the lights to the side of it instead of above. also Check out how to LST this will save space, allow you to have more bud sites and allow more light to get to more parts of the plant. also another tip is if you like full body highs grow an indica strained because these strains are shorter and grow bushy normally which is why they are preferred for indoor grows
    and my last tip is to research, read and repeat if you really want to grow. its like taking a class and if you really like the subject then you'll be willing to take the extra time and effort to learn what you can about the subject. so make use of that search option on the forum, because it will save us time from answering and save you time in finding out
    hope this helps :D good luck

3. well, i really would only like 1-2 plants, but right now there are 4 in there. they're only a couple weeks old, i wanted to up my chances of a fem, also have some backup if they died on me.

as for lumens, the 2 daylights are putting out 1100 each, so 2200, and 2600 from the soft white, so a total of 4800. my box is lined in foil for reflection.

already started LST and moved the lights down and in, thx for the tip

4. LST FTW. I kept my plants to ~1' tall, from top of soil to tip of cola using only LST :D

5. already gottem pinned

6. 3' in height is no problem... put a screen over them and scrog man... youll gat as much as possible out of there.....I grow in 2' height..;)