Keep your location SAFE

Discussion in 'Security' started by kuroishinto, Sep 30, 2010.

1. I wanted to put this up here because I feel so much more comfortable now that my location is unable to be traced via my ip address. As many people know your ip address is embedded in many of the things we do and look at and CAN be used to locate your address. Now dont everyone get paranoid about being on this site, we are so small time, and we do of course still have rights. But why take unnecessary risks right?

Go to this site, do the simple download, and your location cannot be found using your IP address. I am well aware many of you are using this, and I'm not trying to cause unnecessary paranoia, I'm just trying to help everyone here.

Tor: Download

Click what OS you use, Save it, Double click the item to open in, and just save it to your desktop. The Tor Browser will open, and you are protected. Theres a how to video on youtube if you have any other questions.

You can also save it to a USB drive and use the browser on ANY computer! no download necessary!

Stay safe! :D

2. Just remember that depending on who your ISP is, if they detect it they can refuse to sell you cable/internet

3. Personally I'm not worried about IP tracing, because here is what would need to happen...

First, remember that posting to this website is legal -- GC is an information exchange. Nothing I say or post here is evidence, in and of itself, to justify a search warrant. Hey, I'm just an 89 year old grandmother who knits doilies and who has never seen an MJ plant. :D

Second, MJ busts are local affairs. So, the only way my IP address could come back to hurt me is if my local police jurisdiction got a warrant to search the records of my internet provider to find who, if anyone, in the jurisdiction might have visited a particular website. Doubtful they would want to search only for GC hits, so they would be wanting to go on a fishing expedition among dozens of pot websites. Or, possibly, they would want to search GC's records specifically and try to get a warrant for GC's records. No police department would even entertain the notion, nor would a judge approve it.

If LEO is after me specifically then yes, they could look for ways to get a warrant on me, but frankly if I'm already a target then they have more on me anyway than tying my IP address to an informational website that is based in another country.

By and large, stealth is a local effort. Don't let anyone know about your grow, be smart and secure about it, stay reasonable in size and scope so you stay under the radar, live otherwise as a model citizen, and you should be fine.

4. haha, I guess in this case I'm the paranoid one. I like it though, knowing that nobody can track where I'm going or what I'm doing. I guess what got me paranoid was finding out pics of plants I have posted on this very site contain an IP signature that can reveal my address.