Keep or trash

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by atticflowers, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Anyone have an idea whats up? Though my plant had root rot so i went an got SOS while the plant was flushing for 2 days on jus PHed water added the SOS and fulvex let it run for another 2 days then i added the nutes back in the res AN (advance nutes) let it run for 24hrs an today my PH went down to 5.0 the nutes went from 305ppm down to 250ppm, room temp is 72deg. humidity is around 30%. I also changed the bulb in my fixture i have a MH/HPS set up from apollo an i used it for about 1 year now so my guess is the bulb it came with is done thats the reason for change to an xtrasun MH sky blue bulb 7200k. Well anyway this is what my DWC experament looks like. image.jpg
    Any help would be much apreciated!

2. How do the roots look? Looks like root rot could be a possibility

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. #3 atticflowers, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2015
    I can tell now shes starting to bounce back a bit cuz she got more white roots growing out the brown ones. If i cut away all the rot up top it will concentrate more on new growth.
    image.jpg
    Wow in just mere hrs she looks even worse!
    image.jpg image.jpg
    Ph still 5.0 i cant seem to get it higher for some reason, 240ppm, temp 77, humid 23%

4. The rot is too far gone man. She's donezo.

Bham

5. I suggest in your next try you use a FAR more powerful air pump. And keep your water around 68-70. If your water is above that root rot is practically inevitable.

Bham

6. I use a 20amp pump, but i need to start useing less water u think? In that 5gal bucket i only had it at 3gals but less is better hmmmm let me try. I always have other plants goin never jus one LOL. Thanks for the info.

7. Dude, the more water the better. I say this because the PH stays more stable. I never ran anything less than 5 gallons in my time.

Bham

8. That water is HOT! till you fix it the chemistry will be the least of your problems.

Cool water, lots of air. I run 12 5 gallons with 2 70LPM pumps.

plain ass tap water would be better than running some PH 5.0 mix.

Remember the PH scale is logarithmic not linear. That why some people struggle with wild PH swings, they get to swatting flies with a sledge hammer.

Creep up on it.

Keep after it once you get hydro down you will be rocking.  BTW advanced nutrients gave me very anemic results and im not a dummy.