keep clones alive

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ghsbum08, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Hi i was wondering, is there a way to take like 10 clones and save them some how because i dont want to grow them rite away?

2. how long do you want to save them???

3. as long as i possibly can.

4. OK... are you asking hours or days... Once you cut them, dip in clonex and stick in mini rockwool cubes, and soak them in water. You can keep them happy for a few days at most. Matter of hours with bare cuts laying around. Why do you need to store them... get them in a cloner and happy.

5. ok well i want to just take a couple cutting from one plant thats in veg, but i wont beable to use my clones becuse i only have one grow room and i was wondering if there was a way to keep them alive i without having them grow bigger or dying at the same time
    ?

6. alrite say i take 10 clones can i put one 25w cfl over them and keep them at the same height and they will stay alive for a month or so? is this possible?

7. get 2 23watt cfls. in a veg color spectrum. 5700 or so. you can root and veg them with just the light and water. then just let it veg for as long as you need to. then two weeks before your ready to start your operation, take new clones off of the origanal clone that has been vegging. this way you keep only 1 or 2 plants. then when your ready, you use those two to make your new clones! ive done this before to keep certain genetics around while i wasnt flowering during hot summer. just left them in a closet with two cfls on them for about 6 weeks then i cloned them. minimum nutes needed.

8. thanks man ill have to try that because i just took one clone off my plant about an hr ago and now its under 1 cfl.

9. i heard something about freezing a clone?

can it be done? and used at a later date?

10. freezing would destroy cell walls i would think.

11. yes it does i know that