Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Kava Kava and Marijuana Tolerance

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Lugbot, Dec 14, 2008.

1. I have been drinking Kava Kava tea for a long time, for maybe a year or more, and smoking since the beginning of summer of this year. And Kava Kava is one of those weird things that has a reverse tolerance. And I was curious if maybe since I have a really High (or low?) Kava Kava Tolerance, (means I feel more effect from less, since its reverse tolerance) maybe it could make my marijuana tolerance low. I know that Kava Kava, effects somthing with the Gaba Receptor, not sure about Cannabis though?

2. I have no idea. We normally put Kava kava on our bowl. It makes it last longer (burns more, less relighting).

3. Erowidulate that shit :metal:

4. I doubt it works that way, but it might somehow work as a detox like green tea supposedly does.

5. Haha found this on google...sorry to restart a thread, but I saw it wasn't answered.

No, Kava Kava will not effect your tolerance to marijuana. Yes, Kava is believed to work primarily on GABA receptors. However, I can't see how Kava could possibly have a reverse tolerance, as it works on GABA which develop tolerance quite fast (part of why nicotine is to addictive...it works on GABA as well)...but that is a different story.
    Weed does not work (as far as I know) on GABA, rather it works on melatonin production. It makes your body produce massive ammounts which is why you get so tired after a good bowl.
    So as far as the link between marijuana and Kava Kava, I would say there is none.
    P.S. Be careful with that Kava Kava, if you take doeses that make you pass out or almost "drunk" you could be ingesting toxic ammounts.