Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Jackimo, Feb 5, 2013.

1. The constant fear of karmic retribution is driving me insane . I can't do a single bad thing, no matter how small without looking over my shoulder waiting for it to come back to me. This might seem like a good way to live your life, might seem like a blessing, but its neurotic and unhealthy. Everyone I know can relentlessly fuck people over and nothing happens to them , but I can't commit any misdeed without stress and worry that I'll get it back x2.

Could be that every hard time I come across, I think of something bad I've done recently and it just mindfucks me into thinking that caused it.

Thoughts

2. #2 Pale Blue Dot, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2013
    Karma doesn't exist. Morality is subjective. Karma as a concept is an objective moral force. If such a force exists, whose moral code does it abide by? You'll find that karma believers assume the hypothetical objective moral force (karma) coincidentally tends to agree with their own views or, more generally, a watered down variation of modern Christian values. Of course, if such a force exists, surely it would have been observed by now, and in modern physics, there is no room for "karma".

Do what you want. There is no mystical, magical force watching you. There is only you.

So go pry open that trunk and get those amps.

3. Karma watches us through his cristal ball

4. Or at least his 60 inch flat screen

5. I nearly spit my beer on my keyboard, dammit Saca La.

6. nah man Karma's real just the other week held the door for someone then 20 feet after i walk out there's a dollar bill just sittin there.... hahaha

7. I haven't believed in karma in a while. I try to humble myself, but I find myself getting fucked over constantly. As Pale Blue said, it is a subjective topic. Who's morals/belief does karma follow by?

8. i always saw karma as a force of nature, sort of like gravity, gravity doesnt hate you just because it can kill you if you jump from a building, like that :)

9. I don't give a fuck about karma.... I seem to do bad things all the time, and often its seems to hit back at the person that i did the bad things to..... yay for being invincible

10. I don't think you understand the concept of karma...I'd read up on it. I hope that eases your mind. You have nothing to fear

11. But there's still a matter of how is it decided what provides negative versus positive karma (moral relativism). In some cultures, we would be seen as damned to hell for having premarital sex and using drugs (hail satan). Or do you believe 'karma' changes its position based on who is believing in it. In that case, why bother believing in karma at all if it will always agree with you?

12. well basically what goes around comes around, whatever it is, it doesnt mean something is judging your, or some godly force is deciding what is good or not

it just means if you kick someone, someone might kick you one day, its just things coming full circle

atleast i believe that

13. #13 Pale Blue Dot, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2013
    Have you ever heard of Russel's Teapot? There is no empirical evidence, and, indeed, no room in modern physics, for some extravagant force called karma. What's more, you've proven no two people believe in the same "karma". Which "karma" is the 'real' karma? What defines "good" and "bad" behavior? Why do things somehow come 'full circle'? It is simply that you happened to encounter a shit head that wanted to kick you later, completely unrelated to you having kicked someone years before.

14. If karma truly did exist, weed wouldn't be schedule 1.

15. I believe in karma. It's just a positive way to live my life I feel like taking karma into consideration when doing something helps make the right decision. Sort of like do to others what you would want done to yourself. But to each his own, it's really what you make of it.

16. What is the "right" decision and who decides so?

Free yourself from the grips of petty moralism

17. I am free I just like to be a nice positive person I feel it's the best way to live my life. Live yours how you want my friend who am I to judge.

18. You always get back what you put out.
    We've all encountered those people in life that no matter the wrong they do or complete jerks they are, have what it seems to be everything , the good job, car etc.

But Everything isn't always as it seems on the outside, and we shouldn't worry ourselves with others misfortunes but tend to our own happiness.
    If your a good person be such and don't worry about rewards, the rewards may be right in front of you at times, it can be as simple as a smile, but we choose to overlook it, constantly waiting on the big prize for all the good we have done.

Karma acts quietly and we aren't always privy to it.

19. get off reddit

20. That's my point. Who is anyone to decide what is right and what is wrong? If I feel that it is right to steal from the rich, and that karma is on my side, while you feel that it is wrong to steal period (just an example), and that karma is on your side, who is right?

If a Puritan church feels that premarital sex will damn you to hell, but you think it's A-OK, who is correct?

Whose side is this "karma" on?