Kanye West?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by topdog82, Jul 20, 2010.

1. What do you guys think of him?

I searched his name up on urbandictionary.com and all i got was negative stuff about his arrogance

honestly, he says/does some stupid shit a lot. but who dosen't? i know i do a lot

his music is awesome

it is a nice balance between singing/rapping. Bouncy, melodious but still flows with the beat

paranoid, addiction, welcome to heartbreak, are all good songs

2. hmm i don't really listen to much hip hop. but i personally really don't dig kanye's music or the type of guy he seems to be. I will say though jay z is pretty fuckin good. i saw him at coachella and it was a hell of a show. also there was a interesting cover article on him in rolling stone recently. but yah, i don't dig kanye. i would expect many "i'ma let you finish but beyonce had one of the greatest videos of all time" jokes on here. man he really douched himself bad with that one..:rolleyes:

3. College Dropout was an amazing album. The production was top notch and Kanye proved to be a solid emcee. I wasn't a huge fan of Late Registration but it wasn't bad either and Graduation was OK. Everything he's done after though has been utter horseshit. Even his beats are trash, which is almost painful to say considering that from 2001-2004 he was arguably one of the top 5 producers in hip hop. I make beats myself and his old stuff was a HUGE influence on my style. I give him props for that, but now he is just another garbage mainstream act with nothing to say, what a shame.

4. [​IMG]

:laughing:
    Legend
    :laughing:

5. lol what beats are trash exactly?

6. I think he's a pathetic loser whose music is shitty even by teeny-bopper MTV pop standards and would be even without all the software he has to use to polish his turds (just my opinion, if you disagree no need to hate, it's just music) but I can't be totally mad at the guy because he inspired one of the funniest things ever on TV:

[​IMG]

Don't be sad for me! I'm goin' home!

7. ^hater lol

8. Of course, this is simply one mans opinion, but even with celebrities, there IS a difference between "confidence" and "arrogance" and "narcissist".

Personally, I feel he has crossed over to the latter. Sorry, but a lot of artists put out a lot of amazing music, but not too many artists walk around with the attitude like they deserve the award every time they are nominated. He certainly does.

On top of that, he's also had his share of comments in front of various cameras when he tries to stick his head into the political realm (Hurricane Katrina comments) that were a bit "over the top" for most. He just has a rather extreme way of getting his views across at times, and I think he gets a lot of negative heat for that too.

9. nah, i don't really care one way or the other. i just felt like being a douchebag. what can i say? all i know is i saw him once on SNL and i really found myself thinking he should be executed after the show for crimes against humanity, and that that south park episode is the funniest thing ever.

other than that i don't pay much attention to him, any more than i would pay attention to jessica simpson or lady gaga or alanis morrisette back in the 90s. there's a planet full of music out there, i'm not wasting time on MTV type stuff.

it's like eating at mcdonald's. why would i do that if there's a family-owned burger joint down the block that tastes better and won't perforate my colon?

10. i hear what your sayin but i think u may have the wrong idea with Mr. West. Hes created alot of music that isint "mtv type stuff".

Just sayin dont cement your opinion on him by one appearence on SNL. Idk what he did on the show, im assuming he performed a song. and im just guessing here, but was it love lockdown off that last cd he made? (im gonna go ahead with the post as if you just screamed yes at me thru the monitor)

Listen to College Dropout if you havent. Anyone who talks shit on Kanye West without hearing that album is WACK !!

11. I dig his beats, but the boy can't spit. It also kind of grates on me when he tries to act hood. He grew up in South Shore, Chicago, which is a very, very middle class neighborhood. He went to high school in Oak Lawn, where the median income is something like 250k. So it's a little hard to take when he's all "It's time for me to go hard as the hood I'm from!"

That said, he can damn sure produce.

12. I heard that album when I borrowed my sisters car, I thought it was horrible.

I just turned off the radio all together and listened to the sound of the road, and that sounded muchhhhhh better.

13. it all reminds me too much of kid cudi, lil wayne, jay z, and rhianna, so i just don't listen to all of them

and i have tried listening to all of them and can like any.

gay fish, yo

14. Here, let me use your sentence to clarify the difference in what he has done to himself.

I hear what your saying, but I think you may have the wrong idea with Mr. West. He's pulled a lot of bullshit off-stage that isn't related to music at all, and it has affected his reputation considerably.

Otherwise, you could compare him to just about any other artist that we are NOT talking about right now, for the very reason I stated above.

I don't mind anyone having an opinion about topics that are outside of their career, but he just has one hell of a way of getting his point across. When not entertaining, he's about as smooth and comfortable as using sandpaper to wipe your ass.

15. ok hes made one good tune in his life, the last one on college dropout i think its called 'raise your glasses'

apart from that hes a shitty producer and a horrible celebrity. He thinks hes Jesus or some shit man fuck buying his records, I wouldnt give him the steam of my piss never mind my cash..

I listen to Hip Hop

oh and that episode of south park is one of my favs :D

16. I love him as a musician, I could care less what his personality is like. People treat him like he's OJ, in reality, what has he done that's so bad? Said Bush didn't care about black people? Well, it's kinda true, isn't it? Stole a moment from Taylor Swift? Personally, I thought that was funny, and if it had been a white guy doing that to a black girl would anyone have really made as big a deal about it? Probably not. He is one of my favorite musicians, and I really don't give a fuck what he's like in real life.

17. Are you dizzy mate?? they woulda said it was racism STRAIGHT UP

18. Ok, fine, I'll give you that. But what if a white guy had done that to a white girl, or a black guy to a black girl. The point I'm trying to make is people blew it out of proportion because Kanye's a black man and Taylor Swift is a cute white girl, that's why the media went insane over it.

19. No...If Beyonce did win and someone like Bono ran on stage and did what kanye did nobody wouldve made a big deal out of it.

20. I like him as an artist and a person, when he took the mic from TS I stood up and clapped cuz I knew what was coming lol. He has great material; College Dropout, Graduation, 4 songs off 808's and most of the Late Registration album.