Kanye West - Yeezus - June 18Th

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by ZarTheDragon, May 20, 2013.

1. #21 Johnny Blazed, Jun 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2013
  2. #22 ZarTheDragon, Jun 17, 2013
    This albums a classic just because of the fact that you love it or hate it. It's something you haven't heard before.

"I'm in it" bangs.

blood on the leaves.....wooooo

3. I have the album its okay nothing spectacular

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. egghh still on the fence bout it. think i have to give it a couple more spins before i can like or hate it. but i think right now i gotta say born sinner >> yeezus. and im sure ill get shit about it but just my opinion at the moment.

5. honestly after listening to it a few times i still don't know if i like it that much, i'm usually open to new stuff but it seems like he's just trying to see what he can get away with while still selling a lot

6. #26 ZarTheDragon, Jun 17, 2013
    yet he had next to no promotion, random release date, no single, no radio song.

this albums for people who appreciate artistic music period.

this shit is so dope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcLIjNX7xug

7. Shit album. Go back to Graduation days.

8. and the funny thing is that i do appreciate artistic music, yet it's still not that good...

What is so shit about it and @bluntzilla420 how do you innovate if you are constantly doing the same thing.

10. I love the album, I don't care if other people don't like it lol. Listen to Bound 2!

I respect experimentation if it's done correctly. I don't care much for autotune and that's all Kanye does now. I actually liked 808s and maybe half of Dark Fantasy, but Cruel Summer was a POS and this album doesn't sound that great either.

12. Bound 2 stands out to me.

Always have to respect Kanye, would be so easy to churn out club bangas after all he's done. But he's still trying to re-invent his style without getting bogged down, his persona has become a caricature of sorts, although, it seems intentional. This is a turn to the experimental, but pretty relevant as it evokes a lot of the stuff artists like death grips have been doing. His production is just amazing as always. 

I'm still not sure if I like it or not, and I think that's what Kanye wants.

13. #33 llllllllll, Jun 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2013
    :confused:

I know. Contradiction. I hate 90% of autotune. How's that?

15. This album is OK so far, idk I don't have a great opinion on it.  

Some songs are pretty good, but some songs are kinda dookie.

I agree its an artistic album, and I'm hoping he kinda wanted to release something different so he released this (similar to 808's/Heartbreaks).......If Bound 2 is any indication, I would love his next album to all be songs like that :D

16. #36 DopeImean, Jun 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
    Yeezus is nice. I can't really explain it anymore. Iv'e had it on repeat for a while now. 
    This album fits perfectly in my Kanye collection. Mad haters is mad.

Hold My Liquor
    Blood on the Leaves
    IM IN IT
    Guilt Trip
    I am a God

This shit is cray

Also fuck J Cole and his overhyped self proclaimed self. No disrespect to his music but his ego is ridiculous. Outsell Kanye...yea J cole aint shit.
    Mac Miller comes in strong 2nd place. 

17. Once was enough. To me it sounds like Kim helped him make the beats. Jeezus this album sucks dick!

18. honestly, after lsitening to it about 5 more times, it's really grown on me. besides Guilt Trip, I think they're all getting better with more listens, especially Bound 2, New Slaves, Black Skinheads, Blood on the Leaves, and I'm In It

19. "Meanwhile the DEA teamed up with the CCA they tryna lock niggas up they tryna make new slaves"

I like the album I don't get all the hate

20. J cole ego? Lol idk not with this album. Did u hear Let Nas down? That's sheer vulnerability.

And he outsold Mac by like 150 thousand loll