Kansas, Missouri, midwest legalization thoughts?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by sachidananda, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Best solution is to just move to Colorado lol. Best decision I have ever made and I've made it twice now. Fuck Kansas. 21 years was enough for me in that shithole.

2. Missouri had a petition last year. They didn't even get half of the signatures they needed.

3. Kansas is too conservative

4. Indeed, it is very conservative. But, that's why GC should be a hot bed for these areas, though. Surely there's something going on in Lawrence or something. No?

5. You're not likely to get in trouble in Lawrence. But that's the only cool town in the whole state. It's still illegal of course, they just look the other way in Lawrence. It is safe to smoke while walking down the street usually.

6. KC is good, too, though.

7. They don't let shit slide in wichita , a lot here and olta people to smoke it but the pigs stop at almost nothing to find it just in the city in generator on you

8. Worst grammar ever . Lol what I was trying to say is it has a huge presence here but the cops stop at almost nothing to find It , in the city or on you

9. I know this a longshot but anybody hear anything about South Dakota and their marijuana laws?

10. Missouri has the 2nd rate Antichrist wannabe, Roy Blunt, standing between legal mj/mmj and the voters...so don't hold your breath.

11. When is California going to get marijuana leagalized?.. holy shit.

12. This. I couldn't get mids or reggie if I wanted to here. Every one has dank. I love it.

13. In KC you're not likely to get in trouble for possession. Not on the Missouri side at least (this includes the suburbs, especially Independence where the cops have REAL shit to worry about). A buddy of mine has been pulled over 4 times with weed in his car. He's been let go every time, and twice they even let him keep the weed.

Once you cross the state line to Kansas though, shit gets real for stoners. Cops WILL sniff around under people's apartment doors at night trying to find people smoking out.

It happened to me. Sent that fucker packing though since he didn't have a warrant. He blew his load too early, expecting to scare a stoner into letting him do a sweep of the apartment. Instead I knew my rights, exercised them and he got nothing. This was in Lenexa by the way.

Know your rights, and be careful.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jesus doesn't want you to smoke pot....he says the devil grows it to make you gay and stuff.

15. God, Lenexa and Prairie Village are the worst on the Kansas side. Overland park isn't too bad. Too big of a city for cops to be sniffing around apartments. Just dont get pulled over.

16. First, write those bone-headed politicians! They think of an email as the voice of 10 voters, a snail mail is the voice of 100 voters, and a phone call speaks for 1000 voters! :eek:

Get your friends together and throw a "Political Party"- everyone brings their laptop (or whatever) and gets stoned! :smoking: You discuss legalization, and then everyone writes a letter to your politicians!

Lets say you get 10 friends together and you all do an email and a snail mail... 10 friends times 10 voices for the email = 100 voices. Then for the snail mail + 10 times 100 voices = 1000! Your 10 friends become the voice of 1,100 voters! Between the two letters, you just tipped the balance WAY in favor of legalization for that day! :hello:

You need to comment in the news, too! I do, and I refer to these two articles frequently. They provide two very good reasons for legalization, preventing cancer and Alzheimer's, that the average Joe can relate to! :D

Pot compound seen as tool against cancer (news – 2012)
    [FONT=&quot]Pot compound seen as tool against cancer - SFGate[/FONT]

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's (news - 2006)
    [FONT=&quot]Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's[/FONT]

The prohibitionists are in the minority if you consider the whole nation.

Marijuana Legalization Hits 56% Support in Rasmussen Poll | StoptheDrugWar.org

Of that 44% some are neutral and don't care about legalization one way or the other. So we likely are dealing with under 40% who oppose cannabis. :D

WE have to reach out and educate those folks! WE are the experts! And it is not morally right for us to allow people to suffer from cancer, Alzheimer's and much more, when there is a safe and effective herbal alternative, cannabis! :smoke:

Get busy! :yay:

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Missouri Democrat's propose lighter marijuana penalties

I'd say they'd be lucky to get 33% support.

I used to live in Lawrence, KS many moons ago, and you'd get off light if you got caught in possession or underage drinking. That town knows where it's money comes from: college kids. I go back every now and then for a basketball game and it still seems pretty chill. The rest of the state has turned fear mongering Tea Party. It's the state that's home to the "God Hates Fags", Westboro Church.

18. I'm real new to KC, and old/white enough to be classified a cop to most of you hipsters. Need to meet someone local. Up from big D and knew some growers there with all the best KB. New to tapatalk, can i email a user directly? I can produce decent 'proof' I'm no cop. Don't just tell me to ask around Lawrence. I'm no college kid anymore or I'd get a job waiting tables to meet folks.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

19. lol i may have been born in ks but this makes me glad i left that place when i was 6.  

Chilling in AZ and toking it up  :bongin: