Kandy Kush Grow Log

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Arahant, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Hello I'm starting a kandy kush grow, this will be my first grow.

I started a seed on the 28th, popped like 36 hours later and i planted it in some soil in a plastic pot, maby 2 gal im not 100% sure, maby its 1 gal actualy.

Anyways right now im just growing this one plant out to be a mother plant, as soon as i can take about 6 cuttings off it I'm going to clone her and grow those in a hydro setup I'v yet to fabricate. I'm still not 100% how to do it, I mean i know how to make the system and i can do that no problem but i still havn't figured out if i want to go ebb & flow, dwc, or nft. ATM I'm focusing on ebb and flow as thats what makes the most sense to me, so i'll be making a system like that but probably with some premanufactured parts(like controller, hydro pots) etc.

Anyways i mention that incase someone would like to tell me their opinion on whats best, and also whats easiest for a beginner, i learn things quickly but I'd like my system to reservoir based so i can monitor the water for all the plants.

Grow area will be a 4x4x7 grow tent, im thinking 1000watt MH/HPS for Veg/flower. I'll have to workout airflow and cooling if needed when i'v set it up, I havnt bought the equipment yet i gotta wait a few weeks for funds, but i started the plant cause im gonna have to grow it out to take cuttings anyways, mineaswell get a head start right?

One question i have is, is it fine to buy those two items i mentioned off Ebay, I'v seen the grow tent and also a nice Light Kit that has everything i need for a fraction of the cost of buying it from a local hydro store. I think the tent is probably fine for sure but i have a few doubts on the lights. I know for sure its not the same quality, I'v seen the exact same ballasts on ebay for about half the price instore, and the kits have cheaper ballasts and parts but are about half the price of the ballast for everything included.

I figure it should work regardless, maby it doesnt last as long but itll still work right?

I have some pics of my plant, its about 4 days old from planting the germinated seed. It really took off the first couple days and i was suprised at how quick it grew(this is my first time remember). Anyways the plant is stretching quite abit im worried its taller then it should be for this stage, I'v been vegging it 24/0, i put it outside in the morning and let it go till the light fades and then i put it inside with a light on it and mylar windsheild reflecter wrapped around it. I think a mistake i'v been making is the light is an incandescent bulb, i will swap it out with a cfl i have, but in terms of power to grow the plant im mostly relying on the fact that its outside for about 14-15 hours of the day, i'v read you can veg it for 24/0 so I want to grow it as quick as possible to get cuttings.

First pic is first day, second pic second day, then third, then the last pic is today, is that to much stretch?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any advice would be appreciated but this whole thing is still in its infancy so I'll expect more people once things really get going, for now ill keep reading other peoples logs and learning best i can.

2. Any new updates on the seedling? Check my sig as I no I potted mine the same day and would love to watch and compare the two :)

3. #3 Arahant, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2012
    Here is an update, plant is about 8 days old, growing abit bigger, I'm not to worried at this stage that its not growing fast enough(im kinda impatient by nature). And second picture is an OG Kush i started, three days in the ground.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Good luck with the grow dude, I'll be watching. Check out my sig if your not busy I got a grow going from the same day :)