Kamel's CFL Guide

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by KamelRedLight, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Maybe mouse shit. Much smaller and mice can get in and out of just about anything with a 1/4" gap. If it's a tool shelf like I'm thinking, they wouldn't have a problem anyways.

2. After consideration, y'all might be right. I made a few adjustments and we'll see tomorrow.

3. Very glad you guys weren't right! 😅

Attached Files:

4. awesome thread quick quesstion would 2x 55w cfls 5500k each be enough for one plant or is it better to use 6500k each, cheers

5. #2545 SlowMo, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2015
    I use a combo of CFLs around the upper perimeter of the tent (6500K veg, 2700K flower, 23w and 26w gro) and a 300 watt, full spectrum LED over the center.

I hang the CFLs on a loop of 1/2" conduit that I made out of EMT (electrical metallic tubing} bent into two U shapes and joined together with 1/2" EMT couplings - see pic. EMT is available at Home Depot but ya need access to a 1/2" emt bender. Borrowed from an electrician.

Autos seem to flourish well under the combination. I have them hanging on light gauge chain so I can easily raise the entire CFL rig as a group by hooking the rig higher on the chain, and the same with the LED.

I only have a 2'D x 4'W x 5'H but I can get a qtr lb off of three autofem dwarfs in 11 weeks. Works out well.

Attached Files:

6. I'm trying a CFL and LED combo.

[​IMG]

7. 5K is sufficient. I have 2 60w soft white LEDs & 2 42w CFLs for flowering. I did start outside though.

Attached Files:

8. A week later... starting to bud.

Gradually swapped out the 6500K CFL for 2700K ones. The 300 watt LED makes the room glow a weird red so I have the windows covered with plastic garbage bags and duct tape.

Attached Files:

9. I would love to know how the led bulbs work out vs the panels or just cfl's

10. If I can get this first grow under my belt, I'd like to start experimenting a bit. I'd love to do a CFl vs LED grow under otheriwse identical conditions.

11. Ok so I have 16 plants sprouting my space is 3ft by 6 ft by 8ft tall how many and what bulbs should I run first time grower

12. Oh and what should I use to raise the temp safely there is no heat vent in my closet lol

13. excellent thread friend . hope you can go on this topic and send more positive method

14. Week 6 of 8. LED & CFL light combo

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Very nice looking bud herbs1. Theguyfromohio sounds like you're jumping in the deep end mate. You'll need heat/humidity control with the scale of grow you're talking about ✌

16. Im planning on getting one big 300w cfl 2700k/6500k and then 3 2700k's and 3 6500k's both 30 watt. Wonderinf if im over doing it or i might need a few more.

17. #2557 theguyfromcolorado, Jul 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2015
    im running 2 150 watt cfls 2 24in flo resents 40 watt a piece and 2 led 40watt bulbs for only 2 plants
    Well 2 150watt replacements at 40 watts

18. how many you got altogether bro? got the 2700k's and 5600k's just so i can put them in for the specific stages looking to get about 3 plants on the go

19. 2x cfl 2xflor 2x led I run the 24/7 6

20. Harvest!

Attached Files: