Kamala Harris?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tbone Shuffle, Feb 19, 2019.

1. One of the top candidates in line for the Dem nomination has been spending a lot of time discussing her Black roots and how she knows so much about the plight of the African American people. I was a little disgusted actually listening to Don Limon talk about how she's not actually African American... whatever.

I came across this today and I'm wondering if it will enter the discussion of her heritage?
    https://www.jamaicaglobalonline.com/kamala-harris-jamaican-heritage/

This is word for word out of her Father's book
    Reflections of a Jamaican Father
    By
    Donald J. Harris

"As a child growing up in Jamaica, I often heard it said, by my parents and family friends: “memba whe yu cum fram”. To this day, I continue to retain the deep social awareness and strong sense of identity which that grassroots Jamaican philosophy fed in me. As a father, I naturally sought to develop the same sensibility in my two daughters. Born and bred in America, Kamala was the first in line to have it planted. Maya came two years later and had the advantage of an older sibling as mentor. My one big regret is that they did not come to know very well the two most influential women in my life: “Miss Chrishy” and “Miss Iris” (as everybody called them). This is, in many ways, a story about these women and the heritage they gave us.

My roots go back, within my lifetime, to my paternal grandmother Miss Chrishy (née Christiana Brown, descendant of Hamilton Brown who is on record as plantation and slave owner and founder of Brown’s Town) and to my maternal grandmother Miss Iris (née Iris Finegan, farmer and educator, from Aenon Town and Inverness, ancestry unknown to me). "

So she comes from a slave owning plantation running family in Jamaica. Nice. I wonder if she will get asked about that or about growing up in Quebec, Canada? She lived her entire youth in Canada graduating high school there.

She is hiding growing up in Canada. It's not even listed on her Bio. What a fake.

I don't believe she is technically legally a naturalized citizen either but nobody has the balls to call her out on it.

Is Kamala Harris Eligible to be President? - The Post & Email

"The Wikipedia entry states that Harris’s mother, Dr. Shyamala G. Harris, was from India, arriving in Berkeley, CA in 1960.

Dr. Harris passed away in February 2009. Her “Legacy” obituary states that she arrived alone in the U.S. at the age of 19 after having earned her undergraduate degree from Delhi University.

Kamala’s father, Donald Harris, is a retired Stanford University economics professor whose biography affirms that he arrived in the U.S. in 1961 as an “Issa Scholar” from Jamaica. It adds that he was born in Jamaica and naturalized in the U.S. but does not provide the year.

Neither parent reportedly was present in the U.S. as a legal resident for five years prior to Harris’s birth, a requirement to apply for naturalization, Wilmott observed in an interview with The Post & Email on Thursday."

Can we please have a real American run this country? She's barely a shirttail citizen.

2. Does African American mean someone's actually from Africa or was born in America? I didn't know that. I thought the African part meant they were black and the American part meant they were an American citizen regardless of where they were born. I'd like to do away with those kind of designations. We are Americans, period.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. #4 wwonka, Feb 19, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    If she's the Dems candidate they are in trouble. I will be honest I voted for Hillary only because I have 2 daughters. Kamala Harris is Abrasive from watching her in Congressional hearings I think this woman isn't qualified or Tactful enough to be President. Not saying the current one is any better but Lowering the Bar is not what I am aiming for.

If people actually looked at her record when she was DA they wouldn't be so impressed. Tough on crime? haha

Obama was a Great public speaker he could reach out and Touch people. Kamala not so much. What we need is someone who can bridge the gap not someone who is going to further divide us.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Don't have time to debate natural born citizen with you. It's a rabbit hole. Fact is she grew up in Canada born to two people who were not US citizens.

The original intent of the phrase natural born citizen being a requirement for the president was to make sure that they were going to be loyal to this country and not have favoritism to another foreign land. This can't really be argued. There is letters and references as to why that terminology was even in the constitution. If your father is from Jamaica, your mother is from India, and you grew up in Canada can you be 100% loyal to America first?

I don't personally think she has anyone's best interests at heart myself so I will never vote for her.

She's also a liar. Says she was listening to Snoop Dog and Tupac in college. Well, they didn't release any music until years after she graduated.
    Kamala Harris says she listened to Snoop Dogg, Tupac while smoking weed in college years before they made music

• Like Like x 1
  5. #6 Tbone Shuffle, Feb 19, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    Now I'm going to blow a lot of people's minds and tell you that not all slaves in the Americas were black. I know that's not a popular viewpoint but it's true. There were slaves from all over many were white. One of the largest ethnic groups of slaves was Irish. In fact there were many Irish slaves in Jamaica.

Kamala's great grandpa helped bring them there.
    Summary of Individual | Legacies of British Slave-ownership
    Hamilton Brown
    Profile & Legacies Summary
    ???? - 1843
    Biography
    Major attorney and resident slave-owner in Jamaica, the founder of Browns Town in St Ann Jamaica, where a memorial has been recorded: 'Sacred to the memory of HAMILTON BROWN Esq. Native of the County Antrim, Ireland who departed this life on the 18th Sept 1843 in the 68th year of his age. He was the FOUNDER OF THIS TOWN. Was 22 years one of the Representatives for this parish in the Honble. House of Afsembly. His name will long be cherished.'

1. Hamilton Brown was instrumental in the importing of several hundred labourers and their families from Ireland to Jamaica between 1835 and 1840.
    Sources
    http://www.nlj.gov.jm/rai/place-names/Place Names of St. Ann.pdf [accessed 04/09/2017]; < a href="St Mark’s Anglican, Brown’s Town, St Ann">St Mark’s Anglican, Brown’s Town, St Ann [accessed 04/09/2017].

1. Carl H. Senior '"Robert Kerr": Emigrants of 1840 Irish Slaves for Jamaica', Jamaica Journal no. 42, summarised by Madeleine Mitchell, Jamaican Ancestry : how to find out more (Bowie, MD: Heritage Books, 1998).
    In fact 25% of Jamaicans to this day claim Irish heritage.
    Welcome to Sligoville: The story of the Irish in Jamaica

Many articles will try to downplay the Irish slaves because it's not a popular narrative. Slaves are only supposed to be black. That would ruin complicate current anti white trends as the masters of the slave trade.

Jamaica: Brown's Town

"Just to the north of the town centre is the Minard Estate, the pimento plantation and home of the eccentric and caustic Hamilton Brown, for whom the town is named. In the 19th century, Hamilton Brown owned the twin estates of Minard and Huntley, and because of his wealth and clout in the area, was instrumental in local politics. In the 19th century, he led a group called the Colonial Church Union, a coalition of Anglican congregants who would routinely persecute non-conformist missionaries and their followers by burning churches and free villages. For his efforts, Brown was honoured with a monument in the Anglican churchyard."

Excerpts from Jamaican Slave Registers at PRO

The four slave registers which follow are for the year 1817 for plantations in the parish of Saint Ann owned by Hamilton Brown (2), Sarah Duncan (1), and Angus Campbell (1). Hamilton Brown owned several plantations over the years 1817 to about 1845. According to the 1818 Almanac which can be found on this site, (Jamaican Family Search) , he was the owner of Minard (128 slaves) which he must have acquired from its previous owner (John Bailie) in 1815 or later. The number of slaves on this estate approximates the number of slaves in one of the registers attributed to his ownership (124 slaves). The other register (86 slaves) cannot be assigned to any estate, although he is listed in Almanacs for subsequent years as owning several, (Antrim, Grier Park, Colliston, Little River, Retirement and Unity Valley).

Looks like he owned over 200 slaves. That was in 1817 when he has first picked up a few plantations. He went on to own more it is stated above.

6. Hamilton Brown - Wikipedia

He was a member of the House of Assembly of Jamaica in 1820[8] and represented Saint Ann Parish in that assembly for 22 years.[6] In 1832, he met Henry Whiteley on his trip to Jamaica to whom he argued that Jamaican slaves were better off than the poor of England and therefore the British government should not interfere with the way the Jamaican planters managed their slaves; Whiteley went on to witness harsh and arbitrary whipping of slaves at the plantations that he visited during his stay.[9]

Kamala is from one of the richest families in Jamaica that got rich on the backs of hundreds of slaves they helped import.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Fuck that commie bitch

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Didn’t that whole deal go out the window with Obama?

J

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. An African slave was worth 10 Irish slaves back then. The African slave was seen as stronger, more resilient and harder working. The Irish female slave however was prized for breeding purposes. An Irish slave would not leave her children so they never tried to run away.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Never forget the essential paper bag for dating

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Interesting, im part Irish and had no clue. So I been doing some research and it's absolutely true. Looks like other caucasian groups were slaves too at one time just not here in America.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. She might be the worst candidate out of the Democrat field so far.
    And she'll probably get the nomination.

13. Black female that blew her way to Congress. Yep, she has the nomination locked up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Kamalas great grandpa actually specialized in importing Irish in particular indentured servants (slaves) and out of work laborers. It's well documented.

15. I doubt she will edge out Bernie.

16. Bernie is too old. Don't think he can do it. Why do we always have people running that have one foot in the grave? President is like the only job where you have people that are way too old that want the job. Hillary can't even stand up.

• Like Like x 4
  17. I'm wary of underestimation - Bernie included. That said, I don't think he'll be the candidate, either.

I just think it definitely wont be Kamala Harris.

18. I wouldn't be surprised. She has Obama armor. Question her and you're racist.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Bernie is 77. Anyone that's running for president you have to be able to add 8 years to their age and not go, "OMG!" He would be potentially 85-86 if he served two terms. I don't think so.

Hillary is 71. By the time she would be in she would likely be 72 so we would be looking at an 80 year old lady if she serves both terms. No thanks. She's not going to live much past 80 if that. Have you seen the size of her pants lately?

• Funny Funny x 1