Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Kal Penn takes job at White House

Discussion in 'General' started by SuperMonkey26, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Yea I thought it was funny too when I saw it on yahoo news....but then again it doesn't mean anything. He's like a "public liason", which means he's just a figure head....Plus even though he was in Harold & Kumar and Van Wilder, it doesn't mean he's necessarily for pot; and even if he was for pot he can't do anything to influence each separate state's policy lol.

2. Obama and Kumar Go To The White House

3. I didn't mean to put it here for anything pot related, other than the movie reference really. I just thought it was funny.

4. lol +rep

5. Whats next? An actor that doesn't speak English to be a govener. Oh, wait. California has Arnold the Governator.

Haha, in all seriosness though, good for Kal Penn. Even if he is just a public figure head. I guess he won't be doing any more Harold and Kumar movies..

6. Oh good job Obama.
    The terrorists have already won.

[​IMG]

7. I'm just wondering whats going through the heads of the people who are already pissed because they think the president is Muslim..hehehe.

8. Here's the really interesting thing for me:

He's taking a HUGE pay cut - and he can't go back to his last steady acting gig - his character on HOUSE was killed off Monday night so he could go work in the White House. And I doubt it's a do-nothing position either. I read several articles on him yesterday and he's quite smart and interested in politics as a career.

I say more power to him, he walked away from hundreds of thousands of dollars for public service. In my mind that's admirable.

9. Exactly.

10. I find it funny that Kumar chats it up with George Bush, befriends him, and gets a presidential pardon from him in Harold and Kumar 2..

Then Kumar gets a job at the White House with the new president Barack Obama.

11. So rare these days too. Good for him.