Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

k9 unit next door

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mop93, Jul 9, 2012.

1. so a k9 unit just moved in across the street from me. im not a grower but do smoke often, never really have more than an ounce on me at a time. should i be worried?

2. I would definitely advise caution, those dogs are pretty damn good.

3. damn dude that sucks haha. I'd say like 2nd poster said; be cautious

4. This just sucks all around xD

5. your fucked bro that's just shitty

6. Oh my god, it's like a stoners worst nightmare, those things are so fucking good at finding shit its unreal.

7. dude if your renting straight up you should just move

8. i would be so scared bro.. that suck's

9. but i guess the real question is if he does start barking can the owner really do anything about it without probable cause or does the dog alone qualify as probable cause? its a small town and other members of my household (mostly my sister and her boyfriend) are for the most part friendly with the cop and her family. if i keep my smoking indoors and keep any bud in jars would this really be that much of a problem? I'm moving in 3-4 months anyway so would there even be time to do anything about it?

10. Hes not gonna care unless he is a cop in the town you guys live in, even then he probably still won't care.

I live next to a cop and he doesn't care about the smell of weed.

Those dogs only work on command.

11. wow that is horrible luck. Although i dont think the dogs themselves go out of their way to find drug when not prompted, im no expert though.

I once had my located plants probably 30ft away from my neighbors house on the property in between, and my neighbor turned out to be a bank robber. He got arrested and they also searched the house with dogs and found one cannabis plant in his house.

Surprisingly the police did not find my plants, so you may just need to be careful and not give the officers any reason to search around their neighbor hood due to the smell of you smoking drifting down to where they are stationed.

12. That's not very fun. You can always test it out though. Do they have a yard? If so, put a little bit of weed under a pot or something. Then all you need to do is watch. If the dog barks on its own, you've got a problem, if not, don't worry.

13. er put the weed in another persons yard just to be sure

14. [quote name='"Swingset Virtue"']That's not very fun. You can always test it out though. Do they have a yard? If so, put a little bit of weed under a pot or something. Then all you need to do is watch. If the dog barks on its own, you've got a problem, if not, don't worry.[/quote]

Why would you do this.. this is a terrible idea

15. dogs arent on 24/7 call to find drugs only when the master commands him you should be fine.its just a normal ass dog that licks his balls and chases his tail dont worry.

16. Exactly, a drug dog isn't running around sniffing for drugs everywhere he goes. Sure, if your neighbor happens to come over for brunch with his canine pal, you're gonna be fucked. But since he lives across the street and is probably never going to come within even 15 feet of your residence, you're going to be just fine.

17. In the dog's mind, they are searching for their favorite toy. That's how they're trained.

To begin the training, the handler simply plays with the dog and the towel, which has been carefully washed so that it has no scent of its own. Later, a bag of marijuana is rolled up inside the towel. After playing for a while, the dog starts to recognize the smell of marijuana as the smell of his favorite toy. The handler then hides the towel, with the drugs, in various places. Whenever the dog sniffs out the drugs, he digs and scratches, trying to get at his toy. He soon comes to learn that if he sniffs out the smell of drugs, as soon as he finds them he'll be rewarded with a game of tug-of-war.

If a dog smells weed (or other drugs s/he's trained to find) they could go and find it because s/he wants their favorite toy.

Also, why would they train the dog to only look for illegal items on command? :confused_2:

18. Naah he wont know what the dogs barking about. He has no right anyway. No warrant, nothing.

19. The dog isn't going to be just running loose and allowed to go find the smell. He'll be leashed and probably outside for 15 seconds in between the front door of the house and the car. If for some reason he started acting antsy and tried to tug on the leash, the handler is most likely going to scold the dog for acting up and just continue on with putting the dog in the car. Dogs get excited over more things than just drugs. As you said, they dig and paw at the location of the drugs, but since the dog isn't on OP's property, it isn't going to be possible for him to get to that point. Drug dogs are trained to sniff out the location of a hiding spot when the police officer knows the general vicinity of where it could be. They don't just pick up a random scent of drugs from 30 yards across the street and immediately know where they are.

20. shits and giggles?