K.O.G.'s 4000 watt 10 Bubble Bucket SCROG

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by K.O.G., Apr 23, 2010.

1. You're not bustin in at all man. i want comments and feedback , good or bad. It helps me learn. Thanks for the idea but i agree with DR. I don't think a brita filter will lower the tds of my tap. i've never checked brita water.
    Anyone have the means to check? Now i'm curious.

2. I have checked one before and there was absolutely no difference in tds. But the water tasted nice :)

3. RO it is! Because i plan on sticking with Lucas for at least my next couple grows. I hear good things about Advanced Nutriets though. I want to dial in one method before i start experimenting too much though.

4. whaddup K.O.G.??? just to give my 2 cents here... I love General Hydroponics for the Lucas Method. Advance nutrients are great but you can get basically the same outcome with the Floranova series and it is a lot more simple being a 1 part nute. then you can always go with their enhancers or someone elses. I personally use Florablend , Koolbloom and Floralicious plus from GH and some Cal-Mag during flower along with a product from Emerald Triangle called Humboldt County's Own Gravity to fatten up the buds a month into flowering. Like I said, its just my 2 cents. I was going to use the much more expensive Advanced Nutrients line but even the guy at my local hydro shop talked me out of them in favor of the 1 part Floranova nutes that were alot cheaper. I figured if the guy is talking me OUT of spending more money at his shop the he must be keepin it real.
    [​IMG]

5. Thanks for the input bro. And the rep.

6. I have found Advanced nutrients to be experts in nothing else but marketing lol. When it comes to systems like ours, I used lucas formula for a couple years and I recently switched to the entire House and Garden Aqua Flakes line. The reason I chose this line is because it is the cleanest stuff around. It runs through rDWC systems with ease and eliminates the need for many flushes. I really love the stuff. Theres my .02 as well. Peace

7. #107 Unclenugs, May 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2010
    Have you ever tried AN?

Just wondering because it's the cleanest nutes I've ever used.

not like FNB, haha. that stuff is like mud. :cool:

8. I have used advanced before and I agree it is clean but nothing has stayed as clean as this new line I am using. I had no problem with the nutrients other than the fact that they recommend using so many products and they cost a fortune when they all add up. And something irks me about how they market their products with fake articles written by their staff in magazines such as their "Rosebud" mag. IMO, most of the stuff we see on those shelves are very damn similar in means of minerals, so it becomes a matter of preference, but I would strongly suggest at least giving the Aqua Flakes line a shot if you grow in Bubble Buckets. I never tried the FloraNova series for just that reason you mentioned, it seemed way to thick to run nicely through all my lines. I once tested some nurtients for a company called "3D" and it was just like that, mud. Perfectly healthy roots that looked like they were dipped in oil lol. Not ideal :)

9. i've been using house and garden for a few years now and really like them...

10. I seen Fox Farm for hydro at the hydro store. Any one use that?
    I use FF Grow Big for my mothers in soil and occasionally flower one in soil with the trio and Beastie Bloomz. FF is great for soil.

11. #111 K.O.G., May 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2010
    Here's some pics. Day 8 of 12/12. So far so good!
    Here's 2 pics of my master kush mother.

Also i was thinking about trying Bud Candy on my next grow. I want to stick with lucas though.
    I think bud candy is a 0-0-0 npk, so it should work eh?

Attached Files:

12. Damn bro those girls are getting fat!!! I noticed a radio in there. What are you playing for them??

13. 0-0-0??? why use it? use a pk booster at week 5 for a week.

14. i want to stick with lucas system and changing the pk would not be lucas anymore. I was thinking if add bud candy wich is just a sweetner it would still be(or close to) lucas. i hear you on raising the pk in mid flower. Thanks.

15. Thanks man. They usually jam out to Pantera. Sometimes Mozart.

16. Damn thats a big jump from Mozart to Pantera! Good choices though...
    RIP Dimebag (baddest ass guitarist!!!).... and Mozart

17. i went and read that bud candy is sweet leaf and carbo load from an. i've never used it, but someone here prob has and will chime in.

18. Thanks bro. +rep for the info.

19. K.O.G. whats up buddy. As far as that 10,000 BTU portable A/C do you find it quite effective? Does it run all day to maintain your desired temp?

20. Hey what's up man. Yea it works great. It runs most the time, but not all the time, with the lights on but that is mostly cause it's battling the D/H right next to it which is blowing out warm air. It rarely turns on when the lights are off. My sentinel controls it all. I run my lights at nite.( 8pm- 8am). Peace.