K.O.G.'s 4000 watt 10 Bubble Bucket SCROG

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by K.O.G., Apr 23, 2010.

1. I wouldn't think that copper would affect the solution; however, if anyone is concerned about it, vinyl tubing could be used. I made one very similar by putting about 50ft of coiled tubing into a bucket of water that was placed in the mini frig. Basically the same exact idea but with a bucket of water and vinyl tubing. Good stuff bro!!!

2. So i found out my tri-meter is the 202 model which uses the .5 conversion for ppm.
    according to lucas, my ppm should be 947 at 0-8-16. right now it's at 1140 ppm. I think it is because my tap water has a sort of high ppm(350). It could also be that the water in my buckets is evaporating really fast due to high temps(87), leaving the solution more concentrated. I'm thinking i could lower my nutes to 0-7-14 to get to my target range.
    Can anyone familiar with lucas system comment on any of this? Thanks GC!

3. from what i read you should use 0-8-16 under good lights and not see any problems,you may need hard water micro if you don't already use it,if you have problems with whats in your water out of tap you could test and correct it,but Lucas formula should be fine

4. Sorry man, no help here, dunno sh%t about hydro. Just keep coming back and checkin' out the pics and progress...you're gonna have sooo much bud dude. I'm gonna use scrog in the future so this is sorta like a tutorial for me in progress. Hope all is well, peace!

5. I ran the lucas before switching to a 3 part recipe with tap water. Hard micro might be a good option since your PPMs are kinda up there. With hard micro I've read that you should be careful because the pH might drop half a point or so after a day in the system. Something to do with the alkalanity reaction. I've also read that pH'ng down before you add nutes can help with this problem. But I have no experience with hard water or dealing with that high of PPM water, my tap is around 40-60.

Sugardaddie's ebb and gro shows are used with regular micro and bloom, I think his water was around yours and he seemed to be okay. I would probably just keep doing the 8-16 forumula and top off your system with pH adjusted water to bring those PPMs down some. Just keep dumping and flushing every 10 days or less and you should be fine as well.

Screens are looking so sick btw bro!!

6. Thanks, all is well. i hope this thread helps. Scrog is the only way to go i think.

7. Right on, thanks bro. i will add back with just ph'd water for now to drop my ppm's a little. i change my water every 7 days. i'm going to stick with 0-8-16 cause the plants are doing great. if i need to add back plain water now and then i will. as long as my ppm don't get over 1200 at .5 conversion i'll stop worrying.

8. K.O.G. DOOOD!!!! this flowering is going to be the truth!!! I cant wait to see what 4000 watts does for penetration! you are gonna have more under the screen then a lot of people get over the screen with 400 or 600 watts!! KILLER SET UP! I am here and I aint goin no where!!

9. Death to everything under the screen! You'll have some GIANT colas w/ 4000watts~

10. I really like the freezer idea for the chiller, this way you still have room in the lower part for some icy cold beverages to enjoy while you watch those ladies grow! Throw a sixer in there for me. Sierra Nevada please ;)

11. YES! I usually give em 2-3 weeks then anything that don't have a square goes. all you'll see under the screens are branches. Then the plant will put all it's energy to those GIANT colas under 4k watts!

12. That is a bonus to the freezer chiller. Sierra Nevada it is! Good shit bro!

13. You got good things goin on there man! Wow I'm glad I ran across this thread. Them are lookin ooo sooo beautiful. Gonna stick around for this, can't wait to see how you end up with 4K watts!

14. Thanks bro! Welcome aboard. It'll be a fun ride!

15. this was my 1st scrog grow, and i LOVE it~ i dont think im ever gonna turn back

16. KOG you can always adjust your nutes to what your plants need. Lucas formula is just a guideline and you can run higher or lower depending on what your plants like. You cant feed every human being the same amount and type of food every day, while it could work, they're all gonna be a little different that the test subject.

I bet someone is gonna hate on me for that post.....

17. this can be a problem when/if you have multiple strains being fed from the same rez. different strains like different feed strengths. take dr. greenthumbs endless sky for instance. they were so nute sensitive, i couldn't even keep the nute bottles in the same room! (kidding, lol...)
    looking good kog!!!

18. Good point. With multiple strains it would be tough to dial it in perfectly. Fortunately, by the looks of things you are going to do just fine...

19. #99 firehose, May 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2010

not to bust in on a thread but if your ppm is high off tap you could create some type of carbon filter like a big brita to lower it.....?

4k wow. one day.

20. A carbon filter (like a Brita) will merely remove taste and odor from water and will hardly affect the tds. To remove minerals from the water it can be put through a reverse-osmosis membrane or de-ionized or vapor distilled. I would suggest investing in a decent ro filter. I have a few brand new 150gpd ro filters with 3 carbon pre-filters and 2 post-membrane de-ionizers (6 stages total) that will make your water 0ppm for sale for $150. Send me a pm if you are interested. Peace