Justin Trudeau 'well...maybe all those migrants weren't such a good idea...'

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jman42028, Aug 25, 2017.

1. So it's not out of spite, just uncertainty if they'll keep their residency rights. All the UK has to do is guarantee their rights and the problem will be solved. People will work wherever they make the most money.

2. That's the problem, the UK government seems incapable of giving this guarantee.

3. you must have missed this line
    In the period following the EU referendum, which saw a spike in hate crime including a student being stabbed in the neck “for speaking Polish”, he started feeling unwelcome.

the article cutely tries to link the brexit vote to people leaving, but mentions nothing, other than this small blurb the rise in hate crimes and terror activity. Seems like a bunch of people relocated to the UK around that time as well. Funny, wouldn't want to blame the actual stupid immigration stance the UK has taken. Yeah, its gotta be brexit. What a fucking joke.

4. I didn't miss any line, nor was I making a comment on Brexit.

Try to take a few deep breaths before posting, full on attack mode looks silly after a while. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. you didn't say anything about brexit, but the article that you shared to provide as evidence of why people were leaving the UK did.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Did I claim it was evidence of anything? Aaron asked a question and I provided an article I recently read for some perspective.

Lighten up J, you'll end up having a heart attack. :(

7. oh of course, it was to add perspective...yes, because it ads none. at all.

8. It certainly does add perspective, the interviews are enlightening and tell the story from the perspective of non UK citizens.

The whole Brexit thing has turned into a cluster fuck extrordinaire.

9. It's easier to judge people and view them as a political punching bag when you're not the one who is living through struggle.

I'm an immigrant in my country, been living here for more than 10 years .. so it would be hypocritical of me to support policies that deny others the same opportunity to live wherever they want to live.

Sometimes I think we take animal rights more seriously than we take human rights. We'd happily save a dying gorilla in the wild .. but we'd just as happily let refugees drown in the sea, then keep bombing the hell out of, and exploiting the hell out of their countries.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I dont think we are talking about the same article any more, because there was essentially nothing in that article that is enlightening. It tries to tie the exodus to brexit, which anyone with at least 1 eye and 1 ear knows thats not the cause.

11. There is an exodus since Brexit and indeed a significant drop in the number of immigrants entering the UK. This is I'm sure what a lot of those who voted for Brexit wanted.

It will be interesting to see how the UK fares without the cheap immigrant labor. There are many businesses and industries that depend on immigrant labor. The British welfare classes don't want to or are unable to do this work as they'd prefer to sit at home drinking special brew, smoking skunk and chewing on prescription drugs.

I'd have preferred to see the British stay in the EU but the decision has been made and we should respect that. It will be very interesting to see how it all plays out.

Net migration to UK drops to lowest level for three years

12. blah blah blah. same talking points msnbc and cnn spew all day about our presidents desire to build a wall on the border. What will they do without the serf class? the country will implode without dirt cheap labor!!! Well, illegal immigration is down about 70% this year and our economy is booming. Oops.

13. Whoa the horses there. We're talking about Brexit, not everything has to be about Trump. Leave the Trumpisim at the door cowboy.

It's true though, if we look at the immigrant numbers they're down. This is what the Brexiters wanted.

What I'm questioning is the effect this will have on businesses dependent on immigrant labor. Who's going to fill these jobs? The bone idle natives won't.

14. it is the same exact response that he got when he talked about the wall, it is relavent, obviously. You were literally regurgitating the same rhetoric that our msm has since the idea of the wall and tougher border control were introduced.
    What you're qustioning is whether the rich people will be able to run their business without getting away with slave labor? Now all of a sudden you are worried about the rich class? The 1%? Oh how will they ever fair without their poor serf class....god only knows P.
    My guess is that yes, unemployed people would take those positions, like they have here in the united states, which is why our labor participation is higher than its been in quite a while. Its not rocket science. See how I tied it all back together again?
    Our illegal immigration is down over 70% right now, not to mention all the deportations, ect. That was the "rallying cry" for the left as opposition to tougher border laws. How will the farms work? What about restaurants? They are doing jobs that no american want to do...well...turns out they are probably wrong.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. such a strange paradigm, liberals stumping for a serf class.

16. No. They are paid the proper rate for their skills. From surgeons to road-diggers. I would have thought you would have known that.
    Now the uncertainty created by BREXIT assholes has happened, their security is threatened, as racism rises, but there are no other replacements.........given the actual numbers required.
    Hence the term "Brain-drain"

Prime example of..... "Fucking immigrants taking our jobs" Stated by a Union-Flag tatooed, ignorant little Engander, who is barely qualified to stack fucking shelves.

So, the very Government whom engineered Brexit, now realise that as a nation, they actually desperately need these people, and are now in a mass panic.

Irony, eh?.... It`s a motherfucker.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. So you are equating the "brain drain" to Brexit and not to the insane rise of radical islamists entering the country and blowing shit up, attacking people with cars and throwing acid on people daily?
    I just find that thought process interesting, it doesn't really line up to me...but I'm an outsider, I don't pretend to be an expert on brittains financial Independence.

18. Acid attacks are thus far have been commited to UK citizens ONLY.

And if I were British, I would be vetting migrants much more efficiently.

It`s not difficult.

19. 20729741_1912327569006634_4270411424680222012_n.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1